Notices

Old 05-06-2009, 10:16 AM   #1
sherkanner
Enthusiast
sherkanner doesn't littersherkanner doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3
New froggy onboard: Hi, Hallo, Salut

Hi all,

I'm Sébastien, French guy expatriated in Austria, the country where there are no kangaroos
I acquiered a cybook gen3 (guess why ) a couple months back, and enjoy it everyday. Allows me to read all those public domain books I would have never read otherwise. I speak/read/write French, english fluently, as for German, it's on progress.

Salut a tous.

Sébastien, francais expatrié an autriche, le pays ou y'a pas de kangourous
J'ai acheté un cybook gen3 y'a une paire de mois déjà, et je m'en sers tous les jours. Il me permet de lire tous les livres disponible dans le domaine public, que je n'aurais pas lu autrement. Bizarrement mon orthographe est plus mauvaise en francais qu'en anglais
Parle courrament Francais et anglais. L'allemand est en progrès.

Hallo,

Ich bin Sébastien, französich, der lebt in oesterreich, wo es kein kangaru gibt.
Ich habe vor ein paar monat ein cybook gen3 gekauft, mitdem ich alle den urheberrechtsfreien bücher lesen kann. Mein Deutsch ist nicht gut, so entschuldige für die Fehler
Flissend auf Französich und English. Ich entwickelt meinen Deutsch
sherkanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:27 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
salut sébastien et bienvenue !

i'm sure you've found already the french language forum. we've also got a german language forum, which could help you with your progress.

since you love the public domain books (so do i !) please take a look at our ebooks upload section (click the ebooks link in the blue nav bar at the top of the page). thousands of books formatted by our members, for free ! another really good site is feedbooks.com for public domain and creative commons books in all formats.

bonne lecture !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2009, 12:14 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Sébastien and welcome to MobileRead. Follow Zelda's advice!

BTW, I learned German living in Stuttgart working for Daimler Benz. And I discovered an interesting phenomena that helps you understand and speak German. What I learned was that, the more German Beer you drink, the better your German becomes. Couldn't figure out why but it does work.

Last edited by MickeyC; 05-06-2009 at 12:16 PM.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:20 PM   #4
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Hello Sébastien and Welcome,

No kangaroos in Austria? That can't be! They love the Alps, or so I'm told. I remember seeing them dashing about in the tall grass in several scenes of The Sound of Music.

Doe, a deer, a female deer
Roo, a tiny kangaroo!

Come on sing it, you know the words!
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:22 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinlo View Post
Hello Sébastien and Welcome,

No kangaroos in Austria? That can't be! They love the Alps, or so I'm told. I remember seeing them dashing about in the tall grass in several scenes of The Sound of Music.

Doe, a deer, a female deer
Roo, a tiny kangaroo!

Come on sing it, you know the words!

Advert
Old 05-07-2009, 02:08 AM   #6
sherkanner
Enthusiast
sherkanner doesn't littersherkanner doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3

Nice one

Makes me think of flashmobs
http://www.flashmob.com/
sherkanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:29 AM   #7
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherkanner View Post
Hi all,

I'm Sébastien, French guy expatriated in Austria, the country where there are no kangaroos
You want me to ship some over? We've plenty here - on the roof, in the wall cavities, nesting in the bread box. I'm thinking of getting out the roo-wranglers (Acme Kangaroo Control - "If they're hoppin', we'll stop 'em!"). They'll roo the day they messed with me.

Quote:
I acquiered a cybook gen3 (guess why ) a couple months back, and enjoy it everyday. Allows me to read all those public domain books I would have never read otherwise. I speak/read/write French, english fluently
Excellent. I've tried to be fluent in English, but it turns out I kinardly utter a single sentence wivout some Strine slippin' in.

I see you have already met our Queen Zee (zelda_pinwheel), who involuntarily and reluctantly caused the bloodless reinstitution of the French Monarchy here at MR. It's okay, as it's mostly just a symbolic position, though her Ministry does do whatever she tells us to, and she does wear the all-powerful Green Jetboots of official MR Office, and if anyone posts a picture of a spider she is likely to shout "OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!" and we sort-of like to get into angry mob mode to carry out her wishes for the sense of community it instils, but, apart from that...purely symbolic.

Enjoy your stay here, and don't feel compelled to translate every one of your posts into three languages - Strine will be sufficient. Welcome aboard.

Cheers,
Marc
a.k.a High Gibbonate of the Ministry
a.k.a. CEO Montsnmags Enterprises
a.k.a. Director - International Roo Transport Limited
a.k.a. Friend to Adrian
a.k.a. Your ever-available barman
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:28 AM   #8
zelda_pinwheel

hehe... marc is very kind but despite the nickname, the true order that reigns in the lounge is really anarchy. you'll soon understand...
Old 05-07-2009, 07:42 AM   #9
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hehe... marc is very kind but despite the nickname, the true order that reigns in the lounge is really anarchy. you'll soon understand...
I always get my 'narchy's confused.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote