Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-18-2013, 04:57 AM   #16
Coops
Zealot
Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Sony T3 backup
Glad it worked out for you... i tried but the jewellers screwdrivers i had were cheap nasty quality and stripped the small screwheads on the back of the reader....

The Silver is ok.... very nice, although why Sony didn't use the blue for all/most is odd - I mean with the kindles etc at that time being beige, silvery etc, the blue Sony was different in a lovely way.

Very relieved to have a functioning 350, really couldn't go backwards to the older 300 model..
Coops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:14 PM   #17
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I thought I was going to have that problem with one of the side screws that I had trouble removing. It was definitely a balancing act how much pressure you can apply to push into the screw head while turning it and not do any damage to the reader, but I finally got them all out. I was pretty determined though never having had a blue one. I used a set like this one, the #0 phillips, the 2nd one from the left, and I ended up not stripping any of the heads. I think the tiny ones that are sold separately say for eyeglass screws probably wouldn't have held up to remove them.

Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert