Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 05-31-2013, 02:37 PM   #451
crashnburn
Groupie
crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad1 iOS 5.1.1b, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
@all

Sorry for not being here as often as usual, real life first ! Hopefully, I'll catch up soon.

The Synology package for latest version of COPS are finally up. See :

http://packages.synocommunity.com/co...ch_0.4.0-1.spk
Nice. Had no idea such a think existed for Synology.
crashnburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #452
Goner
Connoisseur
Goner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to behold

Device: ARCHOS 80G9, Kobo Touch, Sony PRS-T1, BeBook Club S, Icarus Reader Go
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashnburn View Post
Nice. Had no idea such a think existed for Synology.
Just add http://packages.synocommunity.com/ as a 'package source' (repository) in the settings of the Package center and you'll see COPS under 'Community' packages.
Just updated to 0.4.0 that way ...

EDIT: oh, by the way ; my .htaccess in /volume1/web/cops is still being overwritten with the sample file by 0.4.0

Last edited by Goner; 06-04-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #453
Goner
Connoisseur
Goner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to behold

Anybody here with a Kobo Touch who is also using a .htaccess file for security ?
I'm using this :

AuthName "Authorized personnel only !"
AuthType "Basic"
AuthUserFile "/volume1/web/passwd/normal.pw"
Require valid-user

Works on all browsers (Windows, Android, Sony PRS-T1) but on the Kobo I do not get the pop-up asking for a user/password ?
Without the security it works fine until I click the EPUB icon, then nothing happens ... anything special needed for the Kobo (firmware 2.5) ?

Last edited by Goner; 06-04-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:48 PM   #454
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
Never?

Or just once, ant then your Kobo saved the "user/passwd"?

Change the password and then try again.

Disclaimer: I do not have a Kobo, but this happened to me once ;-)
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #455
Goner
Connoisseur

Never. Just bought the Kobo this afternoon ...

When I connect to COPS on my Synology, it says :

Authorization Required
This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the
document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g.
bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the
credentials required.

has to be the browser as I never got even the chance to enter my credentials.
Advert
Old 06-05-2013, 01:07 AM   #456
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
@Goner

That's unfortunately normal ... Kobo's browser does not support basic authentication.

I'll probably add a special login page later. In the meantime, I added a special trick in my Nginx configuration to disable password authentication on my LAN.
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:13 AM   #457
Goner
Connoisseur

hi vlad !

Thanks, I can live with it
Got 2 COPS servers, one on my NAS, secured to the outside world and one on a Windows PC running XAMPP, only open on the LAN.

The other problem is that the Kobo does not download the epub when I click the EPUB icon
Old 06-05-2013, 05:45 AM   #458
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

If you know the IP-address of your Kobo (for example 192.168.1.123)

Add this line to your .htaccess file

Code:
allow from 192.168.1.123
If you want all your divices to access COPS on your Synology without authentication add this line to your .htaccess file:
Code:
allow from 192.168.1.0/24
This should solve (at least one) of your problems.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #459
Goner
Connoisseur

Ah, thanks ! Good idea !
I'm already using that in Apache directories, like this :

<Directory "..../...../....">
Options MultiViews
AllowOverride None
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
Allow from 192.168.1
</Directory>

found an .htaccess example that should work :

Allow from IP without password prompt, and also allow from any address with password prompt

Order deny,allow
Deny from all
AuthName "htaccess password prompt"
AuthUserFile /web/passwd/.htpasswd
AuthType Basic
Require valid-user
Allow from 192.168.1
Satisfy Any
Old 06-05-2013, 03:08 PM   #460
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

COPS 0.5.0

COPS 0.5.0 is out with new user interface and some fixed bugs (First post to download) :

* Upgrade COPS UI to HTML5 / CSS3 to hopefully make it prettier. Most of the code was contributed by Thomas Severinsen.
* Add the number of books in each databases (when multiple database is enabled).
* Add Norwegian Bokmål strings. Thanks to Rune Mathisen for the pull request.
* Add a split by language of catalog. Thanks to Puiu Ionut for the pull request.
* You can now change the theme and fancybox use on all your devices (You have to enable cookies).
* Add an eink theme. Thanks to Gregory Bodin for the code.

The most important change is the new theme and the switch to HTML5. I hope this won't cause problem with some special browser (PRS-T1, Kindle, ...). I hope you'll like the change.

In addition to that, you can now add your own CSS in the styles directory (it should be name style-XXXX.css). Of course please share your themes and I may decide to integrate the most popular in a next release. An e-Ink theme was contributed in this version.

You can change the current style with the new icon in the lower left of the page.

Again, there was a lot of contributed code in this release, thanks a lot to all the contributors and the beta testers.

I'll push the Synology package soon.

As usual the download link is in the first post.

Happy testing.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:05 PM   #461
Goner
Connoisseur

Installed it under XAMPP, looks nice !! Especially the 'eink' theme ... The PRS-T1 has no problems, but on the Kobo I can not select the 'eink' theme !? Same with the checkmark for Fancybox.

And another problem (also in previous version) : the Kobo Touch also won't download the epubs. I click the icon and nothing happens. In the thread I see Kobo should work, but is there anything I should change ? Or is the Kobo browser the problem (firmware 2.5.0 - 4/4/13) ?

Last edited by Goner; 06-05-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:23 AM   #462
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goner View Post
Installed it under XAMPP, looks nice !! Especially the 'eink' theme ... The PRS-T1 has no problems, but on the Kobo I can not select the 'eink' theme !? Same with the checkmark for Fancybox.
Yes I saw that yesterday when doing my last tests. For now I don't know how to fix it. I've thought of a workaround, I'll test it tonight.

About the checkmark, it works fine on my Kobo Touch.

Quote:
And another problem (also in previous version) : the Kobo Touch also won't download the epubs. I click the icon and nothing happens. In the thread I see Kobo should work, but is there anything I should change ? Or is the Kobo browser the problem (firmware 2.5.0 - 4/4/13) ?
That's strange. Did you test the same catalog with a normal browser (Firefox) and does it work fine ?

Is your Calibre directory inside ou outside your web directory ?
Old 06-06-2013, 03:23 AM   #463
Goner
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
About the checkmark, it works fine on my Kobo Touch.
Was probably bad aiming on my part it works. Just the default/eink dropdown that doesn't let you select e-ink.
(for the record ; no problem on PRS-T1)

Quote:
That's strange. Did you test the same catalog with a normal browser (Firefox) and does it work fine ?
Yeah, works fine, like all previous versions.

Quote:
Is your Calibre directory inside or outside your web directory ?
Outside ; it's in /volume1/calibre.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:27 AM   #464
mariosipad
Guru

If you want to use the eink theme:
0 - first copy the styles directory to a safe place
1 - rename style.default.css to style.original.css
2 - rename style.eink.css to style.default.css

Should work (i Hope) ;-)
Old 06-06-2013, 03:57 AM   #465
mariosipad
Guru

@vlad59

for your great work on COPS!

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology