Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-13-2011, 09:10 PM   #1
Jaguarslair
Jaguarslair began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
NC Usable Screen Size?

Hoping I posted this in the right space and someone out there has an idea of what I'm saying and asking about! LoL

I like to read manga on my NC, what I do is convert PDF files into Epubs from Calibre to read them. And they come out just fine the pages work and everything is readable...but for some reason it cuts off pixels on the right side of the screen when viewed on the NC.

Yet when viewed on Calibre it shows those pixels are still fine and visable. I can only think that someone I have the wrong screen size set for the NC. I admit I'm not very techie so I'll I've been doing is the Convert Book - PDF - EPUB for the Nook Color.

So any ideas on how I can recover those cut off pixels or correctly set my screen size for them?
Jaguarslair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:07 PM   #2
Nahgem
Groupie
Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks
I can't help with the conversion issue, but why not just load the PDFs as-is? The new update has really improved PDF usability. The stock reader actually remembers your place if you close the file. And it reads comic book files now too.
Nahgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2011, 08:17 PM   #3
Jaguarslair

Hmm I should actually give that a try...before when trying to read it on pdf the pages and sizes were all messed up so it made reading them a pain rather than a joy. lol Never thought the new update might have fixed that so I'll give it a shot!
Old 12-14-2011, 09:49 PM   #4
Jaguarslair

Ok so gave using the PDF file a chance on the Nook Color, using both the quickbooks lite reader and the standard. At first the QBLite one seemed the better choice, it focused the pages quite well and made the text in the images easily readable. But on some files it refused to fit the image to the full screen, showing the image as barely thumbnail size, even though the file size was the same as the original file it viewed just fine.

Using the reader allowed the same file to fit the full screen but the image seemed very compressed and made reading the manga text difficult.

So I need them to merge together and give me a reader that works the way I want it to. LoL I'm doing some research to see if there's any reason for the QBLite reader to not show the image properly because I do like the fact it focuses each page for easy reading as it loads. If anyone knows any tricks to this please let me know.