Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 04-16-2007, 11:25 PM   #1
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Sabatini, Rafael: Captain Blood v2.0 2007-09-30

Published in 1922, Captain Blood is an adventure novel written by Rafael Sabatini. Taking place in in the 1680's, it concerns the adventures of irish physician Dr. Peter Blood. Captured and enslaved on an island in the Caribbean, Blood escapes and overcomes his bleak situation by choosing to become a pirate. (Hey come on, they have really good hats, so why not?)

The background of this novel is based on historical facts. The main events being the Monmouth rebellion in 1685 and the Glorious Revolution in 1688. Blood's pirate adventures closely resemble the adventures that the real Sir Henry Morgan experienced.

Sabatini wrote two more books concerning Blood's pirate adventures, but as far as I know, those aren't in the public domain yet.

Edit: Now that I sorta know what I am doing, I cleaned up this file are re-uploaded the new version. I fixed the TOC links, quotes, margins and indents. Much more reader-friendly now. Version 1.0 had 138 views
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sabatini, Rafael_Captain Blood v2.lrf.zip (431.6 KB, 1421 views)

Last edited by tsgreer; 10-01-2007 at 03:51 PM. Reason: updated formatting and added a linked table of contents.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:08 AM   #2
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
i like it, thanks
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2007, 11:48 PM   #3
tsgreer
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Now that I sorta know what I am doing, I cleaned up this file are re-uploaded the new version (v2). I fixed the TOC links, quotes, margins and indents. Much more reader-friendly now.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:17 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsgreer View Post
Now that I sorta know what I am doing, I cleaned up this file are re-uploaded the new version (v2). I fixed the TOC links, quotes, margins and indents. Much more reader-friendly now.
I've edited the thread title to match the new version. But, do you happen to know how many views the previous version had? We like to know so we can keep track. All you need have done when you removed the old version was put in a line saying...
Version 1.0 had ## views

That would have done it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:52 PM   #5
tsgreer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've edited the thread title to match the new version. But, do you happen to know how many views the previous version had? We like to know so we can keep track. All you need have done when you removed the old version was put in a line saying...
Version 1.0 had ## views

That would have done it.

Thanks for the title correction Jon. I also updated with previous view info. (138)
Advert
Old 10-01-2007, 04:47 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsgreer View Post
Thanks for the title correction Jon. I also updated with previous view info. (138)
Very nice! And a big Thank you!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote