Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-31-2006, 06:23 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Sony Reader demoed at WSJ's D conference

The Sony Portable Reader is quietly en route. When Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher kicked off the forth edition of the D: All Things Digital conference this week, Sony grabbed the chance to talk about its forthcoming e-book reading device.

According to Eric Savitz of the Tech Trader Daily (Barron's new blog, btw), "earlier in the day Sony's Howard Stringer said the success of the device will depend in large part on consumer acceptance; he seemed enthusiastic about its prospects, but cautious. In the demo, it came across as a compelling product."

I wish I had more to say about this but I don't. Just sit back, relax, and realize that the world is a pretty wonderful place. Even if you don't own an E Ink device (yet).
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 06:32 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic
Just sit back, relax, and realize that the world is a pretty wonderful place. Even if you don't own an E Ink device.
I'll put an "Amen" on that, Alexander.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 09:35 AM   #3
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
Just sit back, relax, and realize that the world is a pretty wonderful place. Even if you don't own an E Ink device (yet).
lol.
I try to relax. But yesterday I thought I will have an iLiad in my hands soon, it was a more wonderful place. ...
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:24 AM   #4
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Seems like Sony's still stirring the market to drum up prospective customers .

I know many people interested by the readers who are not techies. They are difficult to fish out by standard computer news. You have to go with mainstream paper news.

Just imagine the trees we'll save !
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:40 AM   #5
rmeister0
Addict
rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

"Just imagine the trees we'll save !"

Trees are renewable. Much of the raw materials that go into plastic and electricity are not, yet.
rmeister0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 12:10 PM   #6
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
I have gathered in the last 40 years at least 3000 books, around a ton of paper, and it takes up 20 linear feet of library space which had to be built of wood. Compare that to one pound of plastic. I have now 3500 ebooks that fit on a 2 gb SD card. I say we'll save trees, and I really mean it, that's undiscutable.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 12:15 PM   #7
dugbug
Addict
dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible
I have gathered in the last 40 years at least 3000 books, around a ton of paper, and it takes up 20 linear feet of library space which had to be built of wood.
LOL are you familiar with the show "Monk"? I get visions of his brother's living room.
dugbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 12:16 PM   #8
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
dont forget all the printouts we wouldnt need anymore. So many manuals, that will live their lives in digital form. Guess thats even more than all the storiesi read.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote