Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-15-2007, 12:28 AM   #1
rb49
rb49 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Question from a new user

First of all, I'm grateful for all the information users/members have provided; I'm glad this resource exists.

I've had the reader for almost 2 weeks and am genuinely enjoying it. I've spent a good deal of time converting documents to the reader format using either BookDesigner or PDRasterFarian - both of which have worked without a hitch (for the most part).

So now comes the (likely stupid) question: All the documents I've "generated" reside on the 1GB SD card I purchased with the Reader. *How do I determine how much space I have left on the card?*

As an aside, has anyone thought about creating a repository where we can upload our books to share with others? (Mine are mostly professional [medical] or from long articles on the Web... also from Gutenburg.)

Anyway, thanks for your help.

-rb
rb49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:19 AM   #2
flumbo
I got nothin...
flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

To check how much space is left on the card, you can hook up the reader to your computer and open the connect software. On the left side of the screen you should see "SD Card on Sony Reader" in the list of devices.

Click on that and the box below the device list will show you how much of the card is available.
flumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2007, 03:08 AM   #3
rb49
rb49 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Thanks!

Thank you for your help. I thought it might be something like that but decided it was better to check before I blew the Reader to Hades!

~rb
rb49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 08:18 AM   #4
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
You can also see in the Properties of the card when it shows on the computer. That is if you have a card reader of course.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote