Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-01-2015, 02:01 PM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
iBooks and Audiobooks sync question

Does anyone know if iBooks syncs bookmarks if the same audiobook is on an iPad and an iPhone? Or does any other app do it apart from Audible. I'm asking both for Audible audiobooks authorised in iTunes and for DRM free audiobooks.

Any app suggestions would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks.
Josieb1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 03:24 PM   #2
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think I've worked it out but any app recommendations would be great. Thanks
Advert
Old 11-01-2015, 05:51 PM   #3
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
As long as you sync via iTunes, I believe that it will sync books marks. Interestingly, as long as the audio book is in your iTunes library, it appears that all the apps actually play it via iTunes. I tend to use both the Audible app, iBooks and a third party app. I was a bit surprised when the 3rd party app picked up the narration where the Audible app left off.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 06:12 PM   #4
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
As long as you sync via iTunes, I believe that it will sync books marks. Interestingly, as long as the audio book is in your iTunes library, it appears that all the apps actually play it via iTunes. I tend to use both the Audible app, iBooks and a third party app. I was a bit surprised when the 3rd party app picked up the narration where the Audible app left off.
Thank you. What is the third party app you use, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 11-02-2015, 12:20 AM   #5
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
You might find some good suggestions for third party apps in the audiobooks subforum.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2015, 03:08 AM   #6
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
You might find some good suggestions for third party apps in the audiobooks subforum.
Thank you. I'll take a look when I have the time. I wasn't sure where this thread really belonged.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:50 PM   #7
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Thank you. What is the third party app you use, if you don't mind me asking?
Undulib.

Last edited by pwalker8; 11-02-2015 at 09:55 PM.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote