Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-06-2018, 01:24 PM   #1
NSILMike
Guru
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Lenovo Android Tablet
Allow showing time left in current chapter/book

In the new version (3.21, 64-bit version) the 'what's new' section says "Allow showing the time left in the current chapter/book" by "go to the preferences of the browser viewer and customize the headers and footers to display the time left."

How does one do that? I can't find those preferences...
NSILMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 01:32 PM   #2
Kythe42
Zealot
Kythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Android tablet
I'd like to know how to do this too as it's a feature that I really liked from Moon Reader.
Kythe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2018, 02:23 PM   #3
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
When you're reading a book in the browser, right click and select preferences.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 02:26 PM   #4
Kythe42
Zealot
Kythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipse

The menu that comes up from right clicking doesn't have anything to click on that says preferences. There's a button for preferences on the toolbar, but I've looked through it a few times and haven't seen anything that shows options for headers or footers.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:27 PM   #5
NSILMike
Guru
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kythe42 View Post
The menu that comes up from right clicking doesn't have anything to click on that says preferences. There's a button for preferences on the toolbar, but I've looked through it a few times and haven't seen anything that shows options for headers or footers.
Agreed.
Advert
Old 04-06-2018, 02:43 PM   #6
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This is the menu I see when I'm reading the book and a click with the right button over the browser:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Viewer.png
Views:	195
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	163281
Old 04-06-2018, 02:49 PM   #7
Kythe42
Zealot

That's nothing like what I see. What I see just looks like a normal vertical menu you'd get from right clicking on something on the desktop, internet browser, or any program really.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:50 PM   #8
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
That's nothing like what I see. What I see just looks like a normal vertical menu you'd get from right clicking on something on the desktop, internet browser, or any program really.
That's a book open in the browser from the content server, nothing else, clicking Leer in this screen:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Content server.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	163282
Old 04-06-2018, 02:53 PM   #9
NSILMike
Guru

Ah, Espanol... pero es diferente de lo que veo
Old 04-06-2018, 02:54 PM   #10
Kythe42
Zealot

I'm not sure where that screen is as I've never see it before when using Calibre. I'm also not sure how I've been reading books from content servers when I don't even have a content server running...
Old 04-06-2018, 02:56 PM   #11
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSILMike View Post
Ah, Espanol... pero es diferente de lo que veo
Esta es la pantalla si lees un libro en el servidor de contenidos, no en la interfaz de calibre.

----

This is the screen you get when you read a book in the content server, not from the calibre interface.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:59 PM   #12
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I'm not sure where that screen is as I've never see it before when using Calibre. I'm also not sure how I've been reading books from content servers when I don't even have a content server running...
I'm afraid we're mixing viewers here. There are two ways to read a book in calibre (AFAIK):
  • Viewer in calibre GUI
  • Browser, when you're browsing your library through the content server

The new feature says:

Quote:
Browser viewer: Allow showing the time left in the current chapter/book in the header and footer areas of the book.
So, I've assumed it's for reading the book in a browser (where I've found those options).
Old 04-06-2018, 03:00 PM   #13
NSILMike
Guru

Something is very different between what you are doing and what we (myself and Kythe42) are doing. I am opening a book in Calibre running on Windows7 on my laptop, then right clicking the resulting book. Various options (table of contents, goto, etc) open up but nothing related to preferences.
Old 04-06-2018, 03:01 PM   #14
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
There is no Visual clue where to click.

Right click the top -center of the page, the READER menu should appear
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 03:05 PM   #15
NSILMike
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
There is no Visual clue where to click.

Right click the top -center of the page, the READER menu should appear
I see nothing different no matter where I right click.