Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-02-2018, 09:32 AM   #1
rdlaub
rdlaub ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdlaub ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdlaub ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdlaub ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdlaub ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdlaub ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdlaub ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdlaub ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdlaub ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdlaub ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdlaub ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Kindle Voyage won't mount in USB mode and freezes

I have a Kindle Voyage and am having the following issue. When I connect my Kindle to my computer the Kindle says it is in USB Drive Mode but does not show up on my computer. It then will not exit USB drive mode even after unplugging it requiring me to reboot the Kindle by holding the Power button.

I have tried different cables and different computers, both mac and PC. I even did a factory reset which did not help and in fact would not load the latest update. I am currently on 5.9.4 and cannot get it to download 5.9.5.

I have called Kindle technical support and they have not been able to help me. I'm thinking the Kindle USB mode has gotten corrupted somehow.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
rdlaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 03:46 PM   #2
janrey
Groupie
janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlaub View Post
I have a Kindle Voyage and am having the following issue. When I connect my Kindle to my computer the Kindle says it is in USB Drive Mode but does not show up on my computer. It then will not exit USB drive mode even after unplugging it requiring me to reboot the Kindle by holding the Power button.

I have tried different cables and different computers, both mac and PC. I even did a factory reset which did not help and in fact would not load the latest update. I am currently on 5.9.4 and cannot get it to download 5.9.5.

I have called Kindle technical support and they have not been able to help me. I'm thinking the Kindle USB mode has gotten corrupted somehow.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

This is usually a cable issue. I know you said you tried different cables, but, did you try official cables for the kindle? Some cables are charging cables but not data capable cables. If you have a friend or relative who has a kindle that connects fine, try the cable they use.
janrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:44 PM   #3
rdlaub
rdlaub ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdlaub ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdlaub ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdlaub ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdlaub ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdlaub ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdlaub ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdlaub ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdlaub ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdlaub ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdlaub ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by janrey View Post
This is usually a cable issue. I know you said you tried different cables, but, did you try official cables for the kindle? Some cables are charging cables but not data capable cables. If you have a friend or relative who has a kindle that connects fine, try the cable they use.
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately both cables tried are official cables for Kindle.
rdlaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 10:09 AM   #4
font332
Connoisseur
font332 began at the beginning.

Device: kpw2
It's funny, because I was just about writing a similar thread.
I mean the issue with my PW2 I have the same.
It happen I guess because of the loosy/damaged usb port.
Firstly it became more loose and something can click there on certain position.
Then in some position there was no connection/charging. Then(in some positions) charging but no recognizing on the PC.
Then one day I connected some other cable and there was a smoke for second coming from usb kindle connector. Short circuit I guess.
Then it happen as you just described. Have tried 5+ cables.

I wanted start a thread however with the question if there is a possibility to make usbnetwork working when I have at least JB, KUAL, KOReader.
For e.g. by amazon kindle I can send a usbnetworking package with the pdf extension and then by KOreader change the extension and move to the appropriate places, but then I don't know if access to this stuff is enough.
Another thing is that the usbnetworking readme says that if I don't feel confident with what is written there I better don't try.

Last edited by font332; 05-06-2018 at 10:13 AM.
font332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 03:50 PM   #5
janrey
Groupie
janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlaub View Post
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately both cables tried are official cables for Kindle.
Ok I don't know much about a Mac; however, on the Windows machine try this. Reboot the kindle, start the reboot process on the computer and plug the kindle in to a usb port as it is rebooting. When the computer reboots it should show the kindle in USB mode and you should have a drive in my computer.

You might try this first. Plug the kindle in and even though you get it showing as connected via USB on the kindle try rebooting it by holding the switch until it restarts all while still connect via USB to the computer. If no go then reboot the pc.

Last edited by janrey; 05-07-2018 at 03:55 PM.
janrey is offline   Reply With Quote