Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-29-2020, 12:04 PM   #1
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Why does this one book not open up in Calibre (it's from Adobe Digital Editions)

I tried to add a book from Adobe Digital Editions to Calibre.

All other books from ADE that I import to Calibre don't give me a problem. Just this one book.
Quote:
calibre, version 5.0.1
ERROR: Loading book failed: Failed to open the book at /home/me/text/calibrelibrary/Unknown/abook.epub. Click "Show details" for more info.

Failed to convert book: /home/me/text/calibrelibrary/Unknown/abook.epub with error:
DeDRM v7.0.0: Trying to decrypt abook.epub
DeDRM v7.0.0: Verifying zip archive integrity
DeDRM v7.0.0: Error 'can only concatenate str (not "bytes") to str' when checking zip archive
Failed to initialize plugin: '/home/me/.config/calibre/plugins/Goodreads More Tags.zip'
InputFormatPlugin: EPUB Input running
on /home/me/text/calibrelibrary/Unknown/abook.epub
WARNING: Header ('OEBPS/images/Reyn_9780307761927_epub_039_r1.jpg') and directory ('OEBPS/images/Reyn_9780307761927_epub\x0bi╟mh╛2\x00√\x7f\r') filenames do not match inside ZipFile
Using directory filename 'OEBPS/images/Reyn_9780307761927_epub\x0bi╟mh╛2\x00√\x7f\r'
WARNING: Header ('Reyn_9780307761927_epub_opf_r1.opf') and directory ('Reyn_9780307761927_epub_opwZ╟mî¡2\x00') filenames do not match inside ZipFile
Using directory filename 'Reyn_9780307761927_epub_opwZ╟mî¡2\x00'
Failed to run pipe worker with command: from calibre.srv.render_book import viewer_main; viewer_main()
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 428, in get_file_type_metadata
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/builtins.py", line 194, in get_metadata
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/metadata/epub.py", line 238, in get_quick_metadata
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/metadata/epub.py", line 218, in get_metadata
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/metadata/epub.py", line 156, in read_bytes
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/zipfile.py", line 1007, in read
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/zipfile.py", line 1035, in open
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/zipfile.py", line 996, in getinfo
KeyError: "There is no item named 'Reyn_9780307761927_epub_opf_r1.opf' in the archive"
Running file type plugin DeDRM failed with traceback:
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.zipfix", line 140, in fix
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.zipfilerugged", line 826, in read
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.zipfilerugged", line 864, in open
calibre_plugins.dedrm.zipfilerugged.BadZipfile: File name in directory "b'Reyn_9780307761927_epub_opwZ\xc7m\x8c\xad2\x00' " and header "b'Reyn_9780307761927_epub_opf_r1.opf'" differ.

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.__init__", line 204, in ePubDecrypt
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.zipfix", line 143, in fix
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.zipfix", line 105, in getfiledata
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.zipfix", line 78, in uncompress
TypeError: can only concatenate str (not "bytes") to str

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 172, in _run_filetype_plugins
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.__init__", line 637, in run
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.__init__", line 207, in ePubDecrypt
Exception: can only concatenate str (not "bytes") to str
File "runpy.py", line 194, in _run_module_as_main
File "runpy.py", line 87, in _run_code
File "site.py", line 48, in <module>
File "site.py", line 44, in main
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/ipc/worker.py", line 195, in main
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "site-packages/calibre/srv/render_book.py", line 871, in viewer_main
File "site-packages/calibre/srv/render_book.py", line 862, in render_for_viewer
File "site-packages/calibre/srv/render_book.py", line 839, in render
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/oeb/iterator/book.py", line 63, in extract_book
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/conversion.py", line 245, in __call__
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/conversion/plugins/epub_input.py", line 281, in convert
ValueError: /home/me/text/calibrelibrary/Unknown/abook.epub is not a valid EPUB file (could not find opf)
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 01:03 PM   #2
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
DeDRM isn't Py3 compatible yet. Check the top of the forum.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 09-29-2020 at 01:08 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 01:34 PM   #3
georgemk
Addict
georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Nia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
DeDRM isn't Py3 compatible yet. Check the top of the forum.
Actually it is slightly different to that. They are running a GitHub master version which is being developed to run against Calibre 5 and lower (hence the version 7 tag for DeDRM in the error log)

So the error report should be on Github as this plugin is under development and not ready for general use.

Last edited by georgemk; 09-29-2020 at 01:37 PM.
georgemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 01:46 PM   #4
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ownedbycats,
as georgemk points out, I'm running a "master branch" version of the dedrm.zip. Yes, I'm running calibre 5.0.1, but other books from ADE are being decrypted by this dedrm. (This is why I mention that only this one book has this problem).
Old 09-29-2020, 01:52 PM   #5
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
ownedbycats,
as georgemk points out, I'm running a "master branch" version of the dedrm.zip. Yes, I'm running calibre 5.0.1, but other books from ADE are being decrypted by this dedrm. (This is why I mention that only this one book has this problem).
Then why are you posting here, rather than wherever DeDRM bugs are posted?
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 01:55 PM   #6
droopy
Guru

ownedbycats,
because i thought that the "masterbranch" zip fixed the problem completely, and I supposed the problem lay with Calibre
Old 09-29-2020, 02:49 PM   #7
brtriggs
brtriggs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 10th Gen
Try converting it to another format, maybe mobi, then add.
brtriggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 04:20 PM   #8
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
This should be a warning to others running the unreleased "master" DeDRM available from Apprentice Harper's GitHub. It is a work in progress and has bugs. If you use this software you could wind up with a calibre library full of junk.

One of the "features" of Adobe DRM is occasional, apparently random, corruption of the names of files inside of protected EPUBS. DeDRM undoes this, but that feature is broken in the "master" version. In this case, because the OPF file name was corrupted, it caused the entire EPUB to be unreadable. In other cases less important files may go missing, resulting in lost chapters or images in the book without any obvious error message.

(EDIT: After thinking about it some more, the chances of this sort of error going unnoticed are not as great as I first thought. Still, user beware.)

Last edited by jhowell; 09-30-2020 at 01:30 PM.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 12:29 PM   #9
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
ownedbycats,
because i thought that the "masterbranch" zip fixed the problem completely, and I supposed the problem lay with Calibre
The error message you posted claims the problem is from "calibre_plugins.dedrm.zipfix" which is not calibre, but rather is the third-party plugin.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 12:10 PM   #10
MarcoDiWA
MarcoDiWA began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
I get this message when trying to open a pdf book that opens in Adobe Digital Editions but won't in Calibre: the security plugin required by this command is unavailable

Is there a work around?
MarcoDiWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 02:33 PM   #11
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Make a copy by Save As with Ghostview?

PDF protection is completely different to epub.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote