Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-10-2022, 10:06 PM   #2461
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rid View Post
You're a legend, it's working with v2.16.0!

Did a test with Calibre portable and Kobo Utilities v2.15.1 and you are correct the ratings had been removed when I tried a restore.

I am honestly not so sure now but I think it did work at some point? I did have a problem with ratings some time ago and have been putting the rating manually in Calibre after I read a book ever since then. Also I did do a ratings restore a few months ago and maybe I did not check if it worked until now.

Anyway thanks for the reply and for your hard work
I have to admit I haven't checked restoring the rating to the device in a long time. For sideloaded books, it is not displayed, and hasn't been for a long time. And I don't restore the reading status for purchased books. I let the syncing handle that.

I know it worked at some time, but, I looked at the code in a 1.x version of the plugin. The only change was was to a condition during the migration to Python 3. Maybe there was a subtle difference in how that works.

Anyway, all good now.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 10:09 PM   #2462
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiliBug View Post
When I first got my Sage in November, I downloaded this plugin and am sure that it updated reading progress automatically when I synced my device. Now, it seems that I have to trigger it manually. Did something change?
For automating the reading status store, you need to configure it. Open the plugin's configuration and make sure the option to automatically run the store is selected for the profile you are using. If you have a device specific profile, make sure the device is show as connected in the device tab of the configuration. That is based on information that calibre caches on the device. If you did a factory reset, that can change.
Old 05-11-2022, 01:07 PM   #2463
BiliBug
Connoisseur
BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage (Formerly KKB, PW1, PW3, KV, OA3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
For automating the reading status store, you need to configure it. Open the plugin's configuration and make sure the option to automatically run the store is selected for the profile you are using. If you have a device specific profile, make sure the device is show as connected in the device tab of the configuration. That is based on information that calibre caches on the device. If you did a factory reset, that can change.
Thanks. It worked when I set the plug-in configuration for "Any device" instead of "Kobo Sage". I only sync the one device, so it solves the issue for me.
BiliBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 05:38 PM   #2464
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I have just released version 2.16.0 of the plugin. This fixes the problem reported by @Rid and adds what @ownedbycats wanted (which I don't remember seeing the first time, sorry).

The changes are:
  • Fix: Fix removing the rating when rating is set.
  • Change: Add option to not set font if already set on the device.

This should be announced by calibre in the next hour or so. If there are any problems, please report them here.
Thanks.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 10:35 PM   #2465
vsviridov
vsviridov began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Failed to backup database error

Hello, I've recently started getting a following error when syncing my Kobo devices:

One one device I get this error:
Code:
calibre, version 5.42.0 (win32, embedded-python: True)
Failed to backup device database: Failed: Backing up Kobo device database

*** in database main ***
On tree page 7218 cell 0: Rowid 5538 out of order
On tree page 20 cell 0: 2nd reference to page 7184
Page 7145 is never used
NULL value in content.___UserID
row 2481 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2481 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_content_1
wrong # of entries in index content_bookid_index
wrong # of entries in index sqlite_autoindex_content_1
row 25 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_Achievement_1
wrong # of entries in index sqlite_autoindex_Achievement_1

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.jobs", line 218, in do_device_database_backup
Exception: 
*** in database main ***
On tree page 7218 cell 0: Rowid 5538 out of order
On tree page 20 cell 0: 2nd reference to page 7184
Page 7145 is never used
NULL value in content.___UserID
row 2481 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2481 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_content_1
wrong # of entries in index content_bookid_index
wrong # of entries in index sqlite_autoindex_content_1
row 25 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_Achievement_1
wrong # of entries in index sqlite_autoindex_Achievement_1
on another - this:

Code:
[Errno 13] Permission denied

File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.jobs", line 199, in do_device_database_backup
  File "shutil.py", line 279, in copyfile
  File "shutil.py", line 185, in _copyfileobj_readinto
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied
I can still send books over and edit metadata and all that, but I do get an error message every time I connect.

I've latest Calibre (5.42) and latest version of the plugin (2.16.0)
vsviridov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 03:59 PM   #2466
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
On the first one, your database is corrupt. Go to the backup folder and look for the last good backup, then unzip it to the .kobo folder on your device. Then eject the device and reboot it for good measure.

If for some reason you don't have a backup (the log indicates you do), you can sign out and sign back into your Kobo account. This will fix the database but you'll lose the reading positions and such of all sideloaded books.

If you're on firmware 4.31, there's a known issue leading to more frequent db corruption and you'll want to upgrade to 4.32; see the Kobo forum if you need help with that.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 05-12-2022 at 04:05 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 10:58 PM   #2467
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@vsviridov: As ownedbycats said, the first is a sign of a corrupt database. Sometimes you can recover from this by doing a compress of the database. But, I don't think that will work with these errors. Restoring a backup is the best solution.

For the record, the error is happening during the database backup process. A full check is done of the database at that time to know if there are issues. Some errors will show while the calibre is getting the list of books from the device, or updating the metadata, but, it depends on the part of the database that is corrupt. With that error, the device will probably keep working, but, if you restart the device, you may lose some recent updates.

The second error is also happening during the backup. In that case, for some reason it cannot copy database to where you have set the backups to be stored. The error is a permissions problem. Check if the directory exists and that you can create a file in the directory.
Old 05-26-2022, 08:50 AM   #2468
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to version 2.16.2

I have just updated the plugin to version 2.16.2. This is mainly to fix a bug that @chaley found.

The changes in this release are:
  • Change: Allow device to be renamed when it is not connected.
  • Fix: Error when using custom date column when setting metadata in library.

Calibre should announce the update in the next hour or so. If there are any problems or suggestions, please report them here.
Old 05-27-2022, 01:58 PM   #2469
npr
Zealot
npr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura, H2OE2, Libra 2
Just updated Calibre and Kobo Utilities to v2.16.2 and now get the following error when opening KU.

AttributeError:"DeviceTab" object has no attribute "update_check_last_time"

Quote:
calibre, version 5.43.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'DevicesTab' object has no attribute 'update_check_last_time'

calibre 5.43 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.19041 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: en_GB
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (7, 2, 1) && Count Pages (1, 11, 2) && KePub Metadata Reader (3, 4, 3) && KePub Metadata Writer (3, 4, 3) && Kobo Utilities (2, 16, 2) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 5, 4)
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.config", line 1053, in _devices_table_item_selection_changed
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.config", line 1241, in persist_devices_config
AttributeError: 'DevicesTab' object has no attribute 'update_check_last_time'
npr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 02:22 PM   #2470
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
But it did open after that (did not try any further)
W10x64
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 02:37 PM   #2471
npr
Zealot
npr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five words

Yes KU opens after clicking OK on the error, but the error shows every time now.
I have deleted a (broken) device from KU which may or may not have initially triggered this error.
Old 05-27-2022, 09:48 PM   #2472
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
When my Kobo is connected and I click on the Device button in calibre, it shows 6 columns, In Library, Title, Author(s), Date, Size, and Collections. The Collections column is showing a value Read when I've finished a book. If I click on the Library button in calibre then right clicking on KoboUtilities gives me the option Get Shelves From Device and if I select that it says Shelf colum: #collections (Collections), presumably a column I set up before the Kobo supported series.

But it's not getting that Read value that I see when I click the calibre Device button. Is there some way to retrieve that Read value into calibre?
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 08:25 AM   #2473
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to version 2.16.3

I have just released version 2.16.3 of the plugin. This is a quick fix for the problem that @npr reported above. The error only happened when opening configuration dialog if the option to configure each device separately was selected on the second tab. This should fix this.

The release notes are:
  • Fix: Error when opening configuration and device specific options were being used.

As usual, calibre will announce the update in the next hour or so. And if there are any problems, please report them here.
Old 05-28-2022, 08:32 AM   #2474
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobnail View Post
When my Kobo is connected and I click on the Device button in calibre, it shows 6 columns, In Library, Title, Author(s), Date, Size, and Collections. The Collections column is showing a value Read when I've finished a book. If I click on the Library button in calibre then right clicking on KoboUtilities gives me the option Get Shelves From Device and if I select that it says Shelf colum: #collections (Collections), presumably a column I set up before the Kobo supported series.

But it's not getting that Read value that I see when I click the calibre Device button. Is there some way to retrieve that Read value into calibre?
The collections "Read", "Im_Reading", "Recommendations" and some others are virtual collections. They do not exist on the device but match the filters that the device have in the book list. They are shown in the device list to show the reading status or other status of the books.

To get the reading status to the device, use the "Store/Restore current bookmark" function. That can fetch the reading status including the percent read and when the book was last read to the library. This uses custom columns that need to be configured.
Old 05-28-2022, 08:47 AM   #2475
npr
Zealot

Thanks David, v 2.16.3 has cleared the error.

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities