Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-01-2024, 05:08 PM   #2251
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitra1 View Post
https://mailchi.mp/feedbooks/37s7tkd5pm
Update the list in first post
What is the connection between Feedbooks being shut down and a thread about Amazon and DRM?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 05:27 PM   #2252
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
What is the connection between Feedbooks being shut down and a thread about Amazon and DRM?
That post has been posted in multiple places and non appropriate.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 05:31 PM   #2253
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That post has been posted in multiple places and non appropriate.
Either the admins have removed those duplicate messages from MobileRead or I'm missing them.
Old 03-01-2024, 05:41 PM   #2254
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The first post lists Feedbooks as an alternative to Amazon for obtaining books.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 05:45 PM   #2255
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I removed the Feedbooks link from the original post.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 06:37 AM   #2256
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
The first post lists Feedbooks as an alternative to Amazon for obtaining books.
Given that the first post was over a year ago, it's easy to forget exactly what's in there especially since the relevant part was not quoted.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 11:57 AM   #2257
swapjim
swapjim began at the beginning.

Device: none
I want to buy an ebook that's only available from Amazon, and I want to remove the DRM to side load it to my Kobo. I don't own a Kindle device. Back in 2020 I remember being able to do this by using the Windows Kindle app, Calibre, and Apprentice Harper's DeDRM tools. But that doesn't work any more. So I tried the following:

1. Downloaded the latest Kindle app (2.3.1 70682).
2. Downloaded the latest Calibre
3. Downloaded the latest DeDRM_Tools from https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools/

And that didn't work either.

Is there a link documenting the steps I need to take? Do I need, perhaps, an older version of the Kindle app? I've kept version 1.26 but it didn't manage to login.

Last edited by pdurrant; 04-21-2024 at 03:08 PM. Reason: removed unnecessary quote
swapjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 02:33 PM   #2258
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by swapjim View Post
I want to buy an ebook that's only available from Amazon, and I want to remove the DRM to side load it to my Kobo. I don't own a Kindle device. Back in 2020 I remember being able to do this by using the Windows Kindle app, Calibre, and Apprentice Harper's DeDRM tools. But that doesn't work any more. So I tried the following:

Is there a link documenting the steps I need to take? Do I need, perhaps, an older version of the Kindle app? I've kept version 1.26 but it didn't manage to login.
Untill someone more knowledgable comes along, it looks to me like you didn't download the latest DRM removal tools (from what you quoted):

Quote:
The latest version (2.2.x) of Kindle for PC, NoDRM's fork of DeDRM (10.0.9 beta), and KFX Input can now be used! It is also not known how long this method will remain working, so backup your books as soon as possible.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 02:10 AM   #2259
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapjim View Post

Did you install the KFX Input plugin for calibre? The newest Kindle app will download KFX format. I would also recommend using the autorelease version of the DeDRM code available from DeDRM_tools_autorelease page.

Last edited by DNSB; 04-22-2024 at 02:12 AM.