Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-11-2007, 01:06 AM   #16
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
Angry

I'm glad you got yours, I called last Saturday, placed an order, gave my Credit Card, He told me they would build it Tuesday, ship it Late Tuesday, send me a confirmation e-mail with a tracking number, and that I should receive it by Thursday or Friday. It is now Saturday, I have ledft 3 E-mails requesting confirmations, haven't received a reply, nor my Pouch, and I am none too happy needless to say. Can you tell me how you paid, and how long it took to ship RWood? Thanks.
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:48 AM   #17
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
Mine arrived today. It looks great and fits great. I will post pictures this weekend.
Pleeease
I am looking forward to seeing the pics
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2007, 08:52 AM   #18
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougFNJ
I'm glad you got yours, I called last Saturday, placed an order, gave my Credit Card, He told me they would build it Tuesday, ship it Late Tuesday, send me a confirmation e-mail with a tracking number, and that I should receive it by Thursday or Friday. It is now Saturday, I have ledft 3 E-mails requesting confirmations, haven't received a reply, nor my Pouch, and I am none too happy needless to say. Can you tell me how you paid, and how long it took to ship RWood? Thanks.
Sorry to hear you have problems with them.
When I emailed them asking whether they would send the pouch to the UK or not, they replied to me withing 2 hours and 2 more replies within 1-2 hours later on my following emails with questions. I hope there was just a mistake with you. I don't want to sit and worry about my money.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:22 AM   #19
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Ordered on the 6th, Visa charged on the 7th, arrived on the 10th. Edit: The USPS received the package from them on the 8th.

Price breakdown as follows:

+ Sony Reader Pouch (custom dimensions): $29.95
+ Hard Flap: $4.95
+ Color (Forest Grreen): $2.00
+ Shipping (Priority): $7.05
= Total: $43.95

From Arizona to Virginia in that time is Priority. The custom part is because I read them the dimensions of the Reader with the stock cover on as I wanted to transport it that way. They will make it for the Reader alone (as it seems most of their orders are for) or for the leather case on the Reader.

Doug, I also called and they also promised that I would receive an email. The email has yet to arrive.

astra, I promise to post pictures later today.

Last edited by RWood; 03-11-2007 at 12:50 PM.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:27 AM   #20
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
Ordered on the 6th, Visa charged on the 7th, arrived on the 10th.

Price breakdown as follows:

+ Sony Reader Pouch (custom dimensions): $29.95
+ Hard Flap: $4.95
+ Color (Forest Grreen): $2.00
+ Shipping (Priority): $7.05
= Total: $43.95

From Arizona to Virginia in that time is Priority. The custom part is because I read them the dimensions of the Reader with the stock cover on as I wanted to transport it that way. They will make it for the Reader alone (as it seems most of their orders are for) or for the leather case on the Reader.

Doug, I also called and they also promised that I would receive an email. The email has yet to arrive.

astra, I promise to post pictures later today.
Could you give me the dimensions please?

Is the size different with the leather case from the stock cover?
Advert
Old 03-11-2007, 12:49 PM   #21
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I do not know if the dimensions are different for the leather cover as I only have a stock cover although I assume that they are not the same. For my cover the dimensions I gave them and that they used for building the case are:

w 4-15/16"
h 7-1/16"
d 0-5/8"

I like to read with the cover on the Reader and plan to use the pouch for transport only -- in the soft-side briefcase, carry-on flight bag, etc. Once where I am going I would remove the Reader from the pouch.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:53 PM   #22
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
Unhappy

The funny thing was they replied to my inquiries before the purchase immediately. After they took the order and Credit Card, they seemed to had disappeared. Phone number gets me voicemail every time, and as said, no replies by e-mail. hmmmmm, I want this sucker, I have a bag on the back of my bicycle that I want to put it in, but don't trust doing so without added protection.
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 02:25 PM   #23
RWood
Technogeezer

Pictures, We Have Pictures

Pouch1 is the pouch opened and the Reader in its case also opened.
Pouch2 is the Reader in its stock case half inserted into the pouch
Pouch3 is the pouch closed
Pouch4 shows the pouch and the Reader next to each other, both closed
Pouch5 shows the edge of the pouch and the Reader
Pouch6 shows the top of the pouch and the Reader
Pouch7 is the Reader in its stock case half inserted into the pouch (alt view)

As you can see I ordered the Forest Green version of the pouch. The back and flap are black so only three sides show the green when the pouch is closed.

There is a very, very slight expansion of the case when the Reader is inserted and it holds it snugly but not so tight that I worry. The stitching is tight and uniform with no puckers or gaps. The Velcro strips to hold the cover closed are sewn in rather than glued. The top lip where the Reader is inserted is reinforced with a neat strip of binding -- again sewn not glued.

It is a first class product. For me it was well worth the $43.95 (delivered) price. I will be much more relaxed about taking my Reader with me on the next trip knowing that it is inside the pouch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pouch1.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	2915   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pouch2.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	2916   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pouch3.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	2917   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pouch4.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	2918   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pouch5.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	2921   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pouch6.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	2922   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pouch7.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	2923  
Old 03-11-2007, 02:28 PM   #24
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Very nice, thanks for sharing all these great pics.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 04:09 PM   #25
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra_lestat
Is the size different with the leather case from the stock cover?
The leather one seems to be only a millimeter or two larger than the stock one (in all dimensions). They both fit in my hollow book about the same, anyway.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 04:22 PM   #26
RWood
Technogeezer

Since 1 mm < 1/16" there should be no problem in using the pouch with either as the Neoprene has at least that much give.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:43 PM   #27
astra
The Introvert

RWood

Thanks a lot!
Old 03-12-2007, 10:02 AM   #28
astra
The Introvert

I am thinking about ordering the pouch.

Maybe in the future I will buy the leather Sony case. So, I wonder if I take the dimensions mentioned above by RWood and add 1mm for each of the dimentions, it should be OK (future proof) if one day I buy the leather case?

and one more question, just to double check (I think I have already asked it ) The pouch has something hard in its walls to protect the reader from accidental pressure on it? (I do not mean to stomp on it , just within reasonable).

Thanks.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:15 AM   #29
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
How's it do in a fall? Say 5 feet?
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:17 AM   #30
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDuke
How's it do in a fall? Say 5 feet?
Yikes, well I hope nobody is going to drop it to find out!
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote