Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-29-2021, 08:12 AM   #46
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Well, swapping batteries confuses things even more.
If it says 100% charge, double check that the battery really has 4.2V or so.
It doesn't log or graph it, but my UsbMode.apk (in the sig) will at least show you the real battery voltage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	poke3bat.png
Views:	193
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	188982  
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 12:36 PM   #47
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Well, swapping batteries confuses things even more.
If it says 100% charge, double check that the battery really has 4.2V or so.
It doesn't log or graph it, but my UsbMode.apk (in the sig) will at least show you the real battery voltage.
Can I download the app? I can see only the app image.

By the way, before fastening the screws I did a test to run the tablet without the battery. Yes, it works just off the usb charge, although it's slow.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2021, 02:10 PM   #48
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
Can I download the app?
Yes, if you click on my name in the big block, then select "visit homepage".
Old 08-29-2021, 05:10 PM   #49
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Thanks, got your tool. It shows 4.146 V when 100%. Unfortunately it can't measure the current, always display 0 mA.
Old 08-29-2021, 07:40 PM   #50
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
Unfortunately it can't measure the current, always display 0 mA.
Yes, the Android system allows places for these values to be stored and accessed but there is no guarantee that the underlying hardware and firmware supports them.

When doing real analysis of a device I substitute a special power supply for the battery so that I can see the current drain at a fixed (and not drooping) voltage.

Those tiny push-in flexible printed circuit board plugs (as used in the Poke3 battery connection) are a pain and I don't have any breakout adapters for them.

Was that 4.146V with USB plugged in or not?

Right now, I'm 4.266V = 84% plugged in, 4.197V with the plug out.
Advert
Old 08-30-2021, 03:55 AM   #51
plusz
Addict

The reading was on discharging. When connecting the USB power at 100% the voltage reading actually drops to about 4.050 V
Old 08-30-2021, 08:28 AM   #52
Renate
Wizard

Well, if you leave it plugged in does it ever stop saying "Charging"?
And at what voltage?
Old 08-30-2021, 10:19 AM   #53
plusz
Addict

yes it stops charging as indicated both by your software tool and the led light changing to blue.

The end value seems a bit variable. Just finished a full discharge/charge cycle and now it says 4.200 V
Old 09-11-2021, 04:44 AM   #54
bopsis
bopsis began at the beginning.

Device: POCKETBOOK PRO 903, Microsoft Surface Pro, Onyx BOOX Max2
I also unfortunately need to change the battery.
I have found three types of C11-ME370T so far:
- 3.7V, 4000mAh
- 3.7V, 4325mAh
- 3.75V, 4270mAh

Which one did you get? I'm inclined to get the the 4325mAh one, just would like to make sure it will work.
bopsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 04:58 AM   #55
plusz
Addict

I got 4325mAh. Regarding the Max2 replacement battery from aliexpress, the seller offered me a replacement. I'm still waiting for it, but in fact I won't even bother with trying it right away. The current modded battery holds really long when the tablet is used just for reading. Looking at the battery usage graph, last time I charged it on 2nd September and I still have 68%. Of course the usage graph looks like a comb as I use it about 1 - 2h per day.

By the way, it was quite difficult to solder the C11-ME370T battery to the board trying not to heat it up. It's perhaps about my skills but next time I am going to use conductive glue instead of soldering. That's much safer and easier option.

Last edited by plusz; 09-13-2021 at 05:05 AM.
Old 09-18-2021, 02:01 PM   #56
bopsis
bopsis began at the beginning.

Device: POCKETBOOK PRO 903, Microsoft Surface Pro, Onyx BOOX Max2
Completely agree about the soldering. It actually took me the largest amount of time and trouble. At the end looked +- satisfactory (s. image).
Otherwise, the reader can be used again, great!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	180.6 KB
ID:	189300  
bopsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 03:03 PM   #57
Renate
Wizard

Soldering those tabs can be difficult. I'd try to make sure that they're tinned properly first. Extra liquid flux might help. Heck, aluminum can be soldered with the correct technique.
Old 09-24-2021, 05:16 AM   #58
plusz
Addict

So I received another battery from the aliexpress seller. Looks new, the date 2021/05/21 is printed on it. However I don't want to bother with opening the ereader now, as the current battery is good enough.

Any idea how to check the battery capacity and charge it once every few months? I'm thinking about something cheap and easy like Arduino or Raspberry Pi.
Old 10-14-2021, 04:30 PM   #59
shamarskii
shamarskii began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
Hey, I'm new here. I finally got around to trying to replace the battery; however, I have a problem.

It took a bit of time to soldier the new nexus battery in, but now it is in and charging. My issue is the screen will not turn on.

Currently, it is just a black screen. The led at the bottom shows it is charging (red light). I try to turn it on and the LED turns to blue then returns to red. The entire screen remains black.

Any ideas? For now, I'm going to leave it to charge and hope it turns on later.

Edit: Looks like I was a little paranoid for nothing! Gave it some more time on the charger and the screen turned on. It looks like this black screen is something people may experience when replacing the battery

Last edited by shamarskii; 10-14-2021 at 04:35 PM. Reason: updates
shamarskii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 07:39 PM   #60
Renate
Wizard

Most chargers go for 100% which you really don't want. I'd use something like a 4.0V supply with a series resistor, maybe 10-100 ohms. Usually the self discharge of LiPos is not bad if you keep them cool. If you let them discharge too much sometimes the BMS won't even let them charge at all. Checking the unloaded voltage is not too accurate, but good enough for this purpose.