Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 04-10-2021, 04:15 PM   #1
Aermyr
Aermyr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8 10th Gen
PDF Reader with CC on Kindle Fire?

Apologies if this is the wrong forum. I'm new in town and wasn't sure where it would fit.

I'm currently using Calibre Companion v5.4.4.19 on a Kindle Fire HD 8 (10th Gen) and I've only found one PDF app (PDF Reader) designed for the Kindle.

The problem is that trying to open a PDF file from within CC doesn't actually open the PDF. The screen flickers momentarily when the PDF tries to launch, which may be the PDF Reader trying to work, but the app doesn't actually open regardless of whether I select the application manually or set it to work automatically.

Launching an EPUB works just fine (MReader app), but I have PDF files over 500MB in size and converting them all to EPUB isn't practical for me. The PDF Reader works fine by itself, I was just hoping to use CC for the extra metadata.

So
1) is there something I need to do other than set the PDF Reader as the default PDF app in CC?
and/or
2) Is there a PDF viewer for Kindle Fire that works with CC ?

Sorry for the long explanation
Aermyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 06:30 AM   #2
Klaus49
Klaus49 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD10
I found a perfect PDF app

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aermyr View Post
Apologies if this is the wrong forum. I'm new in town and wasn't sure where it would fit.

I'm currently using Calibre Companion v5.4.4.19 on a Kindle Fire HD 8 (10th Gen) and I've only found one PDF app (PDF Reader) designed for the Kindle.

The problem is that trying to open a PDF file from within CC doesn't actually open the PDF. The screen flickers momentarily when the PDF tries to launch, which may be the PDF Reader trying to work, but the app doesn't actually open regardless of whether I select the application manually or set it to work automatically.

Launching an EPUB works just fine (MReader app), but I have PDF files over 500MB in size and converting them all to EPUB isn't practical for me. The PDF Reader works fine by itself, I was just hoping to use CC for the extra metadata.

So
1) is there something I need to do other than set the PDF Reader as the default PDF app in CC?
and/or
2) Is there a PDF viewer for Kindle Fire that works with CC ?

Sorry for the long explanation
I tried a lot of Reader-apps, the best I found is Readera. It works with all types of books and also Let files.
Klaus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kindle fire hd 8, pdf