Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 11-29-2020, 04:38 PM   #1
thomasmorus
Connoisseur
thomasmorus began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Transfer books between libraries

As the Calibre (GUI) allows only one library to be opend at the same time, I use the calibre server to oben mulitible libraries to be able to compare and transfer books between libraries. Worked quite nicely, as the server side (showing the contend on Firefox) has the function to copy/move books to another library.
When I tried to do this today the transferd book did not show in the library it was transfered to; I found it only after after I restarted calibre GUI.
To Calrify: I have calibre GUI running with my "standard" library oben, and in firefox I have the calibre server oben with 2 or hree diferent libraries. Now I compare the books and when I find one in these "server" libaries I copy it to the "Standard" Libary which i oben in the Calibre GUI,the book transfers, but i can not find it in the "Standard" library, it shows only up after I restart Calibre.
Using Calibre 5.6.0 (64bit), Windows 10
thomasmorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 09:03 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Simply right click on a book in the calibre GUI and choose "Copy to library"
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2020, 09:32 PM   #3
thomasmorus
Connoisseur
thomasmorus began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Not Working

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Sorry, I know this function, but it is not working correctly! If I do this, i do not see the book in the library where I transfered it to. Only after I restarted Calibre was the book shown!

Thanks for your help and especally thanks for your Software!!

Best regards

Thomas

Last edited by thomasmorus; 12-07-2020 at 09:33 PM. Reason: error
thomasmorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 09:34 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Works fine for me.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 05:00 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasmorus View Post
Sorry, I know this function, but it is not working correctly! If I do this, i do not see the book in the library where I transfered it to. Only after I restarted Calibre was the book shown!

Thanks for your help and especally thanks for your Software!!

Best regards

Thomas
The target Library can not be in use. This is a Push from Source to Target.
Also, the Target has to be on the Local PC, Using the Local Calibre.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2020, 05:02 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
And if you are using SERVER , that needs a restart to read the DB (server caches the DB upon start)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 10:42 AM   #7
rafikiphoto
rafikiphoto began at the beginning.

Device: Android tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I mixed up a message,

Last edited by rafikiphoto; 12-27-2020 at 10:44 AM.
rafikiphoto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
library, server, transfer