Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-28-2021, 11:42 AM   #1
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Pro 11 & Mini 5
Goodreader sync?

Would someone point me to how to connect Goodreader to Calibre. I've tried everything Goodreader mentions, but no joy.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 06:33 PM   #2
dunhill
Evangelist
dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
I have it linked through the goodreads sync plugin.
It seems to me the best option.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	55
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	189428  
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 06:36 PM   #3
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O; Lenovo P11
Goodreader has deprecated their API, what that means for the future of plugins like this one I'm not sure
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 06:42 PM   #4
dunhill
Evangelist
dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
Goodreader has deprecated their API, what that means for the future of plugins like this one I'm not sure
Until recently everything works as usual.
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 07:04 PM   #5
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Pro 11 & Mini 5
Um, I don't understand. The Goodreads plugin downloads metadata. I'm trying to connect from Goodreader on IOS to Calibre on my windows 10 pc. Am I missing something?

Ok, just found the thread - looks like maybe 2 different plugins named the same thing? I'll explore that. Thanks.

Last edited by peaceridge; 09-28-2021 at 07:07 PM.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 01:05 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
Um, I don't understand. The Goodreads plugin downloads metadata. I'm trying to connect from Goodreader on IOS to Calibre on my windows 10 pc. Am I missing something?

Ok, just found the thread - looks like maybe 2 different plugins named the same thing? I'll explore that. Thanks.
People are mixing up the "Goodreads" site and the "Goodreader" app. I know that I read "Goodreader sync" as a reference to the plugin "Goodreads Sync".

I don't know what Goodreader says to do, but, getting data from to any iOS based apps stopped working years ago. This was because Apple changed things so that you could not access things on the device when it was connected via USB. The only thing I know of that still works is the Goodreader fetch that is part of the Annotations plugin. But, that works using data emailed from Goodreader and then cut-and-pasted to the plugin.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote