Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-01-2020, 02:35 AM   #1
Esameni32
Esameni32 began at the beginning.

Device: Iphone
Nook App to mac computer?

Hello,
I made the mistake of paying for a book in the nook form from Barnes and Noble and can only access it on my iPhone. Is there a way to view it on my computer using calibre? I have the DRM plugin installed, I am just having trouble accessing the file from my coomputer/getting the file on calibre.
-thanks
Esameni32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 06:54 AM   #2
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esameni32 View Post
Hello,
I made the mistake of paying for a book in the nook form from Barnes and Noble and can only access it on my iPhone. Is there a way to view it on my computer using calibre? I have the DRM plugin installed, I am just having trouble accessing the file from my coomputer/getting the file on calibre.
-thanks
Supposedly if you can find an older copy of Nook for Mac that supported downloads, it's possible. I haven't been able to get it to work though.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 12:32 PM   #3
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
No clue about calibre, but it seems like it could be deDRMed and then copied to any place you want it. I only bought one Nook book and that was right after B&N introduced the first color Nook way back many years ago. I can’t remember if I ever deDRMed it, or if that was even possible though.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 02:24 PM   #4
Esameni32
Esameni32 began at the beginning.

Device: Iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
No clue about calibre, but it seems like it could be deDRMed and then copied to any place you want it. I only bought one Nook book and that was right after B&N introduced the first color Nook way back many years ago. I can’t remember if I ever deDRMed it, or if that was even possible though.
I think I'm more concerned about getting a file for the book. I dont't own a Nook, so I dont have any files to open, even from my iPhone. I think that once I get the book as a file, I can try to open it. But currently, the book is only viewable from Nook app.
Esameni32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 03:17 PM   #5
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
B&N changed things a while ago so that you can't download an ebook to your computer, only to the app on your smart device, so what he's saying is he can't download the file.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, drm, mac, nook app, pdf