Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-22-2022, 04:51 PM   #1
PunkyKoopa
Connoisseur
PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Kobo latest firmware not supported?

Hi,

Since I updated my Libra 2 to the latest software, I am getting this message when I open Calibre.

Quote:
caliber, version 6.5.0
WARNING: Failed: This version of the Kobo Database is not supported. See details

Your Kobo reader has an updated firmware or database version. Since caliber is not aware of this new firmware, database editing is disabled to prevent database corruption. You can still copy books to the Kobo reader with caliber, but book deletion and collection management are disabled. If you are willing to experiment and know how to restore the reader to factory settings, you can bypass this check by clicking on the device button in caliber, selecting “Configure this device” and then enabling the “Try to support latest firmware” option. If it does, you may need to restore factory settings.

Discussions about any new Kobo firmware can be found on the MobileRead forum (in English): https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=223.

Device database version: 171.
Device firmware version: 4.34.20097
What do you usually do? I don't get my device corrupted or something like that. Should I wait for a Calibre update?

Thank you.
PunkyKoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 05:33 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkyKoopa View Post
Hi,

Since I updated my Libra 2 to the latest software, I am getting this message when I open Calibre.

What do you usually do? I don't get my device corrupted or something like that. Should I wait for a Calibre update?

Thank you.
What Calibre version? AFAIK the latest Calibre knows about Libra2 *and all the others).
And you are fairly safe ticking the Kobo Touch Extended:...Advanced tab:Attempt to support newer Firmware box (when the Kobo is connected)

Sadly, the creator of the Advance PI recently passed. All we can hope for is someone will try and fill his shoes.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2022, 05:43 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkyKoopa View Post
Hi,

Thank you.
Simply follow the instructions in the message to enable the Attempt to support newer firmware option. If there is an issue with doing so, I suspect that the Kobo beta testers on Mobileread will not be backwards about spreading that information as soon as the firmware goes GA.

And please do not post essentially the same message in multiple places.

To quote a response by the late davidfor a few years back (message #10 in the Kobo forum's do not support thread):

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Yes, that is the message. I know it well as I am the person who is maintaining driver in calibre and have modified the message a couple of times. But, as I said above, what more can I say? The message tells you everything you need to do. You need to either following the instructions in the message or wait for an update to calibre to support the updated firmware. If you don't do anything, you can still send books to the device. That will work with no issues. Calibre won't be able to get the list of books currently on the device, so you will have to work on memory to know what is already there.

And for anyone reading this, the update to support the new firmware version has been checked in. But, Kovid has told me it might be a couple of weeks before the next calibre version is released.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 05:59 PM   #4
PunkyKoopa
Connoisseur
PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
And please do not post essentially the same message in multiple places.
Yeah, that's completely my fault. As it is related with both topics, I wasn't sure where to post it. Sorry.

Thank you for your help!
PunkyKoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 09:27 PM   #5
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
To quote a response by the late davidfor a few years back
What?!? Ohmygosh! I haven’t been on in a while. He was so very helpful & very much appreciated. 😢
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2022, 11:39 AM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
What?!? Ohmygosh! I haven’t been on in a while. He was so very helpful & very much appreciated. 😢
It was a shock to all of us and a terrible loss to the Mobileread community.

See Very Sad News; the death of davidfor for a bit more information.
Old 09-27-2022, 03:51 AM   #7
minsik
minsik began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O revision 5.
same message and I had to enable try "to support new firmware" option but had partial luck adding a book and then locating it. Seems the changes in the database caused the incompatibility.
Waiting patiently for any updated plugins.
minsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 10:45 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by minsik View Post
same message and I had to enable try "to support new firmware" option but had partial luck adding a book and then locating it. Seems the changes in the database caused the incompatibility.
What Device? What is the existing FW?
(And what do the folk in the MR forum dedicated to Kobo, say?)
My Libra 2 is current, and there are no side loading (USB) issues.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 12:53 PM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by minsik View Post
I'm not sure if the updated plugin will help you. I am using calibre 6.50 with the attempt to support newer firmware enabled. I am seeing no issues with adding a book and then locating it on any of my collection of Kobo eReaders.

Is your Kobo Aura H2O running 4.34.20097? Does calibre show the book as being on your Kobo after the disconnect and import step?

Last edited by DNSB; 09-27-2022 at 12:55 PM.