Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-13-2018, 10:41 PM   #16
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
It seems to be a systemic issue affecting international customers using the dot com site. KDP authors have been talking about it for a while.

https://davidgaughran.com/2018/11/12...ional-readers/
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 07:07 AM   #17
Timboli
Fanatic
Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles & Samsung Tablet
@mitford13 - Thanks for that.
Timboli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2018, 12:20 PM   #18
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Hopefully they’ll get it right again soon!
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 07:13 PM   #19
Timboli
Fanatic
Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, of my list of 47 now, only one still remains without a price, which will hopefully be fixed shortly.

https://www.amazon.com/Wars-Light-Sh...ds=Janny+Wurts
Old 11-14-2018, 07:33 PM   #20
Timboli
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitford13 View Post
It seems to be a systemic issue affecting international customers using the dot com site. KDP authors have been talking about it for a while.

https://davidgaughran.com/2018/11/12...ional-readers/
I was too tired to read last night, but have just done so, and it seems it has been happening longer than I realized, so I may have missed out on some new ebooks, and the odd one I have listed ... as some do indeed stop showing a price and become unavailable for whatever reason. That happened for me with the recently deceased David Duncan's latest novel, which I had pre-ordered, then it disappeared, coming back a few weeks later and available again, which I subsequently bought.

It also seems I am not the only one to have issues with Amazon staff being unable to grasp an issue. My belief is that part of the reason, is their biased mentality about customers, especially when an issue is not obvious to them. There is nothing quite like being treated as if you are some kind of dumbo or have unrealistic expectations.

And there is nothing I enjoy more, than having to spend an hour or so typing back and forth with an Amazon operator .... NOT! Sometimes over days.
Advert
Old 11-15-2018, 04:10 AM   #21
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timboli View Post
It also seems I am not the only one to have issues with Amazon staff being unable to grasp an issue. My belief is that part of the reason, is their biased mentality about customers, especially when an issue is not obvious to them. There is nothing quite like being treated as if you are some kind of dumbo or have unrealistic expectations.

And there is nothing I enjoy more, than having to spend an hour or so typing back and forth with an Amazon operator .... NOT! Sometimes over days.
Whenever I have an issue I phone them. I find it much easier to explain things over the phone than using a text chat system. Unlike you, I've always found their support to be outstanding - the best around, by a long way.

Last edited by HarryT; 11-15-2018 at 04:19 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 08:40 AM   #22
Timboli
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Whenever I have an issue I phone them. I find it much easier to explain things over the phone than using a text chat system. Unlike you, I've always found their support to be outstanding - the best around, by a long way.
Mmmm there could be something in that ... reading diligently seems to be a struggle for many these days ... especially those with short attention spans.

Is that with UK Amazon or US Amazon?

Mind you, I hate hanging on or by the phone even more, and at least with text they can check and recheck what I said if they need to, and less chance of misunderstanding written as compared to verbal ... or should be.

Still, it may just be some of the types of issues I've had to deal with, as they are ok with simple basic stuff. Or maybe it is just those US Amazon operators available during my Aussie time zone.
Old 11-18-2018, 09:48 AM   #23
Timboli
Fanatic

Finally late today, the last ebook on my list (as mentioned above in Post #19) which had the missing price issue, got the price back again.

Dare I check my non-favorites yet? Maybe tomorrow.

Last edited by Timboli; 11-18-2018 at 09:50 AM.