Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 10-12-2018, 05:38 PM   #1
jsknight100
jsknight100 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
I have forgotten my GMX email address how do I find it?

I have forgotten my GMX email address how do I find it?
jsknight100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 06:15 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you mean in calibre settings look in Preferences->sharing by email
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2018, 01:43 PM   #3
NSILMike
Guru
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Lenovo Android Tablet
Hopefully you are using a password manager (no one can remember multiple unique passwords like: VM0921r8ot%B which is the type of password you definitely need for security.) So, you should be able to figure it out from your password manager. And if you aren't yet using one, start NOW. There are several highly rated apps that cost nothing. I use Lastpass myself.
NSILMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 03:29 PM   #4
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSILMike View Post
Hopefully you are using a password manager (no one can remember multiple unique passwords like: VM0921r8ot%B which is the type of password you definitely need for security.) So, you should be able to figure it out from your password manager. And if you aren't yet using one, start NOW. There are several highly rated apps that cost nothing. I use Lastpass myself.
As an FYI, make sure that you write down important passwords rather than rely on a password manager. Having a small stroke can even make you forget how to operate your password manager as my family member has discovered - twice.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 03:37 PM   #5
NSILMike
Guru
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Lenovo Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
As an FYI, make sure that you write down important passwords rather than rely on a password manager. Having a small stroke can even make you forget how to operate your password manager as my family member has discovered - twice.
Risky, and therefore not recommended. You can share the master password (the one that gets you into the password manager) with a trusted family member. Also, LastPass (and perhaps some of the others as well) let you log in to them and recover passwords from any computer, so you don't have to carry passwords around when you are away from home. (The passwords are stored online but encrypted and in hashed format so even if someone hacked lastpass, they cannot access your actual passwords.)

Here are recent reviews: https://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-pa...view-3785.html Note that they have both paid and free versions in most cases. I prefer the free version of LastPass because the free version does all I could ever need and it has rated highly for quite a while now.

Last edited by NSILMike; 10-17-2018 at 03:49 PM.
NSILMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert