Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-07-2018, 03:45 PM   #46
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Recent known and new bugs:
  • For epubs, the initial display is shifted up so that there is virtually no top margin. But, when you change the reading settings, the page is reformatted to have the usual top margin. It will also be fixed after using the previous location button, after navigating to another page via the ToC or the navigation bar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Very unpleasant mistake. Will this be fixed?
I actually had to add a top margin to notice this issue. My normal reading settings involve minimal top and bottom margins -- why waste screen space when I might be able to squeeze in another line.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 03:55 PM   #47
Semwize

Semwize has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySemwize has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySemwize has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySemwize has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySemwize has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySemwize has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySemwize has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySemwize has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySemwize has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySemwize has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySemwize has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
My normal reading settings involve minimal top and bottom margins
I, on the contrary, like when it shows the page number and does not show the book title. I will wait for corrections of this error.
Semwize is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2018, 08:12 PM   #48
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
Quote:
I, on the contrary, like when it shows the page number and does not show the book title. I will wait for corrections of this error.
Epubs do not show the book title in a header, that's a kepub feature. I use minimal top margins and patch to reduce the footer size for epubs.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 09:03 PM   #49
Semwize

Semwize has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySemwize has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySemwize has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySemwize has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySemwize has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySemwize has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySemwize has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySemwize has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySemwize has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySemwize has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySemwize has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

I understand you, but I'm using another patch, and they are conflicting (there should be only one )

Tried offered by you option, really so almost not noticeable. Thank you.

But I repeat, I would like to return, as it was.

Last edited by Semwize; 07-07-2018 at 09:17 PM.
Old 07-08-2018, 05:26 AM   #50
JIPG-reader
Connoisseur
JIPG-reader has a certain pleonastic somethingJIPG-reader has a certain pleonastic somethingJIPG-reader has a certain pleonastic somethingJIPG-reader has a certain pleonastic somethingJIPG-reader has a certain pleonastic somethingJIPG-reader has a certain pleonastic somethingJIPG-reader has a certain pleonastic somethingJIPG-reader has a certain pleonastic somethingJIPG-reader has a certain pleonastic somethingJIPG-reader has a certain pleonastic somethingJIPG-reader has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Ed2, Onyx Boox C67ML
Quote:
I understand you, but I'm using another patch, and they are conflicting (there should be only one )

Tried offered by you option, really so almost not noticeable. Thank you.

But I repeat, I would like to return, as it was.
Have you checked the behaviour with patch "ePub fixed top/bottom margins" or patch "ePub fixed/adjustable top/bottom margins"?
JIPG-reader is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2018, 05:34 AM   #51
Semwize

`ePub fixed top/bottom margins`

there is less noticeable, if not to reduce the margin size (TOP MARGIN)

Last edited by Semwize; 07-08-2018 at 05:36 AM.
Old 07-08-2018, 08:21 AM   #52
JIPG-reader
Connoisseur
JIPG-reader has a certain pleonastic somethingJIPG-reader has a certain pleonastic somethingJIPG-reader has a certain pleonastic somethingJIPG-reader has a certain pleonastic somethingJIPG-reader has a certain pleonastic somethingJIPG-reader has a certain pleonastic somethingJIPG-reader has a certain pleonastic somethingJIPG-reader has a certain pleonastic somethingJIPG-reader has a certain pleonastic somethingJIPG-reader has a certain pleonastic somethingJIPG-reader has a certain pleonastic something

Quote:
`ePub fixed top/bottom margins`

there is less noticeable, if not to reduce the margin size (TOP MARGIN)
So, the problem is avoided (or reduced?) using this patch
Old 07-08-2018, 09:28 AM   #53
Lusephur
Lusephur has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo Aura One
Shouldn't this be moved to the modified firmware thread? Patches don't really fall under new official firmware.
Lusephur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 10:45 AM   #54
the.Mtn.Man
Fanatic
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
Quoting for the last two posters.

Quote:
For epubs, the initial display is shifted up so that there is virtually no top margin. But, when you change the reading settings, the page is reformatted to have the usual top margin. It will also be fixed after using the previous location button, after navigating to another page via the ToC or the navigation bar.
OK, so it's a known bug. I'll just stick with the previous firmware until it's fixed.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 10:46 AM   #55
the.Mtn.Man
Fanatic
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I actually had to add a top margin to notice this issue. My normal reading settings involve minimal top and bottom margins -- why waste screen space when I might be able to squeeze in another line.
I don't like it because the bezel (even what little there is on the first generation Aura) casts a slim shadow on the very edges of the screen which I find distracting.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 03:43 PM   #56
JIPG-reader
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusephur View Post
Shouldn't this be moved to the modified firmware thread? Patches don't really fall under new official firmware.
The question here for me is: I would like to install new FW version, but with the NEW problem in epubs (I like margins!), I will only install it if there is a patch that can solve it.

So in this case, I think it should be kept in this thread, as others can decide to install new FW or not based on a possible turn around with patches.
Old 07-08-2018, 04:07 PM   #57
Semwize

This patch of the problem does not solve, it just makes it not so noticeable.
Old 07-08-2018, 09:30 PM   #58
Nemo1984
Connoisseur
Nemo1984 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
On the Glo HD, the page turning is very slow with this firmware... It takes up to 4 seconds.

Last edited by Nemo1984; 07-08-2018 at 09:55 PM.
Nemo1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 04:54 AM   #59
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo1984 View Post
On the Glo HD, the page turning is very slow with this firmware... It takes up to 4 seconds.
I am not seeing that on any of my Kobo devices with either epub or kepubs. The page turn is consistently faster than I can move my eye from the bottom right to the top left.

There can be slowdown if an epub is badly constructed, but, again, this is no different than previous firmware.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 09:41 AM   #60
Nemo1984
Connoisseur
Nemo1984 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I am not seeing that on any of my Kobo devices with either epub or kepubs. The page turn is consistently faster than I can move my eye from the bottom right to the top left.

There can be slowdown if an epub is badly constructed, but, again, this is no different than previous firmware.
That's odd. I didn't have that problem with the previous firmware. Maybe something specific to the book I'm currently reading.

Will do some testing.

Thanks.
Nemo1984 is offline   Reply With Quote