Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 09-05-2018, 12:44 PM   #1
MaxT
MaxT began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max
Lenovo Yoga Book c930

What do you think of the new Lenovo Yoga Book c930? Will it be possible to use as a notebook? The last model was awful and stuck into sleep mode and had to be restarted when not used for a while.
MaxT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 04:22 AM   #2
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
Yes, I would like to see some thoughts about this popping up here too.
Another go at a class of devices that never really got off the ground (like that good old -enTourage eDGe- ...)?
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 05:53 AM   #3
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
From what I understand, it's a laptop (notebook, whatever you want to call it...), with a decent intel processor and an e-ink screen instead of a fixed keyboard. I'm very interested in this thing myself!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 04:19 PM   #4
pabloso
pabloso can extract oil from cheesepabloso can extract oil from cheesepabloso can extract oil from cheesepabloso can extract oil from cheesepabloso can extract oil from cheesepabloso can extract oil from cheesepabloso can extract oil from cheesepabloso can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
I fear that the app for notes is too poor and limited.
The only positive thing is the conversion of handwritten notes to text.
pabloso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 05:43 PM   #5
kndlewis
Connoisseur
kndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watch

Device: Current Favorite: Boox Leaf
I picked up this model this morning and have been setting things up all day.
It's a very nice little laptop and so far I'm pleased with it.
The eink reader is pretty crude at this time but they have promised updates.
The pen works as well on the lcd as the eink so you can use one note or whatever program you like.
It seems the main advantage of having an eink keyboard is keeping the whole laptop so thin.
Very nice unit. Quality made. Everything seems to be working well.
kndlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 06:27 AM   #6
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kndlewis View Post
I picked up this model this morning and have been setting things up all day.
It's a very nice little laptop and so far I'm pleased with it.
The eink reader is pretty crude at this time but they have promised updates.
The pen works as well on the lcd as the eink so you can use one note or whatever program you like.
It seems the main advantage of having an eink keyboard is keeping the whole laptop so thin.
Very nice unit. Quality made. Everything seems to be working well.
What specs does your version have? I know there are supposedly two versions, and I've read of one that it is rather slow.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:07 AM   #7
kndlewis
Connoisseur
kndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watch

I have the core i5 with 256 HD.
This is the model that was released first, at least in my area and the only spec available at this time.
The other one, the m3 (gen 7) should be fine for email, web and of course, calibre. I have a m3 (gen 6) in a samsung tablet that performs fine for what it's used for.
Old 11-06-2018, 02:47 PM   #8
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
I'm pretty curious about this kind of device myself - but in my case, it would only be useful if it could replace my current laptop, so I'm afraid the lack of a true keyboard will be a problem (the mechanical feedback of a keyboard is important, in my experience).

But, just in case - I'll stay tuned for any information
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 01:55 AM   #9
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe D. View Post
I'm pretty curious about this kind of device myself - but in my case, it would only be useful if it could replace my current laptop, so I'm afraid the lack of a true keyboard will be a problem (the mechanical feedback of a keyboard is important, in my experience).

But, just in case - I'll stay tuned for any information
I don't even like the keyboard on my HP work laptop (a huge 17" thing). I have a mechanical keyboard that I use instead.

The lack of memory is my biggest problem with it (and the reason I haven't bought it yet). I really do want that 8Gb....
Old 11-09-2018, 08:59 AM   #10
kndlewis
Connoisseur

The flat screen keyboard will limit the productivity value for a lot of people. The 4 gb ram is quite sufficient when you take serious productivity off the table.
The whole unit is incredibly compact for a full-service laptop. I think that's the biggest advantage. Whether that's enough to justify the cost is entirely up to the individual. I like it. I'm glad I got one. It fits my needs.
I'm looking forward to see what lenovo does to improve the ereader for the eink screen. Right now it's nearly useless.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:06 PM   #11
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce
Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 9th Gen Oasis
It is not too much more expensive than the newest Onyx Boox. Too bad we can't remove the e-ink keyboard but that really would be asking too much.

A convergence is coming, can you smell it?
Pizza_Cant_Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 05:25 AM   #12
kamerek
Enthusiast
kamerek began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG fw 3.3 SN B009
I am wondering if using its eink for coding and lcd for video would be possible with some software changes?
Is eink driver fast enough for coding?
kamerek is offline   Reply With Quote