Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-18-2017, 05:26 AM   #1
neodyme
neodyme began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura
Update firmware Kobo Aura from 3.15 to 4.7

Hello everyone

It is maybe a stupid question, but I have a Kobo Aura (1st edition, so Mark 5 I believe) with the firmware version of 3.15 (never sync since I bought it in 2015)

So I'm thinking about updating it, but I've read a lot of things about some issues with the firmware update (battery life going crazy low, light never goes off in sleep mode etc etc), so I've still thinking about keeping the 3.15, even if I have some issue like turning page, sometime it's not working or going backwards

Anyway, if I can get some advice from you !

Thanks
neodyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 07:04 AM   #2
Dryhte
Crow
Dryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watch

Device: (Vivlio) Pocketbook Touch HD3
Hi, I have the same reader, and I've updated to all new firmwares until now, and I'm a happy user of firmware 4.7.

I have no complaints at all about this firmware (there have been some with bugs I couldn't live with, but this one is very stable for me).
Dryhte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 01:21 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by neodyme View Post
Hello everyone

It is maybe a stupid question, but I have a Kobo Aura (1st edition, so Mark 5 I believe) with the firmware version of 3.15 (never sync since I bought it in 2015)

So I'm thinking about updating it, but I've read a lot of things about some issues with the firmware update (battery life going crazy low, light never goes off in sleep mode etc etc), so I've still thinking about keeping the 3.15, even if I have some issue like turning page, sometime it's not working or going backwards

Anyway, if I can get some advice from you !

Thanks
All of those issues you've mentioned have been fixed. I'm running 4.7.10413 and it works well. Go for it. You won't regret it. The new firmware works better than 3.15.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 01:58 AM   #4
neodyme
neodyme began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura
Ok, done !

Thanks, it work quite well, the page are much faster to turn for what I saw
neodyme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, kobo aura, update