Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-18-2010, 09:19 PM   #1
lunixer
Addict
lunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
How do I turn off the red highlight around "author sort"

I like to have both the author display and sort be lastname, firstname. However, Calibre doesn't seem to like this as it always puts the red box around the author sort. I know it doesn't matter, but is there any way to turn that off? It's kind of an annoyance. Thank you!
lunixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:24 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to tell calibre that the sort name you want for the author is the same as the author name. You can do that by right clicking on the author in the tag browser and selecting manage authors.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 09:33 PM   #3
lunixer
Addict
lunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You need to tell calibre that the sort name you want for the author is the same as the author name. You can do that by right clicking on the author in the tag browser and selecting manage authors.
Thanks for the help ... yet again I had to go into tweaks first, to tell it what I wanted, and then I had it recalculate all of the author sorts.
lunixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 05:56 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
At the moment it seems that the default behavior is to highlight the author sort field as if you have no tweaks set it will be different to the author field. I would prefer it if the field was only highlighted if it did NOT follow the rules I have set for generating author sort from author.

EDIT: It seems I spoke too soon - I think it is doing what I want and setting it to green if it follow my rule and red otherwise? Maybe no highlight would be better than green if it is what one expects?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:22 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It uses the value of author sort defined for the author of the book to check the author sort field.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2010, 11:25 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
EDIT: It seems I spoke too soon - I think it is doing what I want and setting it to green if it follow my rule and red otherwise? Maybe no highlight would be better than green if it is what one expects?
The box is red if the value generated from the author_sort strings stored with each author is different from the author_sort string stored with the book. It is green if is they are the same. The tweak plays here only to the extent that it controls how the string stored with an author was generated when the author was added or renamed.

The red/green behavior mimics what ISBN and search do.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote