Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-02-2010, 04:56 PM   #1
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
eBook Signing?

Went to Borders the other night as Brad Thor was going to be there talking about his new book (Foreign Influence), After he spoke, folks lined up to get him to sign the copies they'd bought. I lined up too even though I plan to get the eBook version; figured I could just shake his hand and get my picture taken with him. Always thought that was one downside to eBooks; not being able to get author autographs.

Anyway, my turn came and I told him I was getting the ebook version and showed him my Sony 505 which I happened to have with me. On seeing that one of the moderators handed me a silver felt tipped pen and I thought, why not? And Brad very happily signed the back of my Sony 505 (see attached picture).

Now I'm taking my reader to all author appearances.
Attached Files
File Type: html readme.html (885 Bytes, 405 views)

Last edited by MickeyC; 07-02-2010 at 05:02 PM.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:06 PM   #2
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
When I was at my seminar, I had KJA, Rebecca Moestra, Eric Flint, and Brandon Sanderson sign the back of my "Alice" cover for the Nook. Now it sits on display in the office instead of on the back of the nook.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2010, 05:08 PM   #3
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...
Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura/Kobo Aura One LE/iPad Air
You could also carry an autograph book with your Sony... just in case you run out of space.

- M.
Vintage Season is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:22 PM   #4
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
When I went to the Deadly Divas tour in Bolingbrook, IL I took the Asus (see my device profile to the left) - had them sign a blank canvas in the Paint program, and then saved it under their names. Heather Webber is currently using the picture that Marcia Talley took of her doing that as her profile picture on Facebook, which I find extremely cool!! All four of them said it was the first time they'd been asked to sign an electronic device.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:48 PM   #5
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
I think the developers of ebook software for ereaders with a touch screen should put the functionality in their ereaders to add a signature to an ebook.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2010, 06:14 PM   #6
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Cory Doctorow signed the cover of my PB360 when he came to Red Emma's in Baltimore. He apparently gets similar requests frequently.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:25 PM   #7
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...
Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For those so inclined, it wouldn't be that difficult to scan a paper signature/dedication, create a transparency layer, export as *.png, and create a second cover-image type page in their *.epub file.

Just sayin'.

- M.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:40 PM   #8
DJHARKAVY
Addict
DJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Blackberry, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Season View Post
For those so inclined, it wouldn't be that difficult to scan a paper signature/dedication, create a transparency layer, export as *.png, and create a second cover-image type page in their *.epub file.

Just sayin'.

- M.
I was thinking the same thing.

Albeit not with the detail that you were...
DJHARKAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:54 PM   #9
JLYates
Connoisseur
JLYates began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 900BC
Quote:
orginally Posted by Vintage Season For those so inclined, it wouldn't be that difficult to scan a paper signature/dedication, create a transparency layer, export as *.png, and create a second cover-image type page in their *.epub file
How would you do that? I am totally computer dumb, so I am lost in that jargon that was just used.

Janette
JLYates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:57 PM   #10
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLYates View Post
How would you do that? I am totally computer dumb, so I am lost in that jargon that was just used.

Janette
Jump on over to the eBook Signing Event: We Don't Plummet Out of the Sky Anymore (EPUB/MOBI) [10-14 July] thread, and send me your info. I'll be happy to send you a demonstration.

- M.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:58 PM   #11
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Anyway, my turn came and I told him I was getting the ebook version and showed him my Sony 505 which I happened to have with me. On seeing that one of the moderators handed me a silver felt tipped pen and I thought, why not? And Brad very happily signed the back of my Sony 505 (see attached picture).
That is SO COOL.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:15 AM   #12
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
That is SO COOL.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:59 AM   #13
bookoffers
Connoisseur
bookoffers began at the beginning.

Device: NOne
you are really in trend.....
bookoffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:20 AM   #14
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Season View Post

Just sayin'.

- M.
And it looks good in the ebook you signed for me. Thanks again.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:13 PM   #15
wonderboy
Enthusiast
wonderboy began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3, Smart Q7, iPod Touch, Blackberry 8820
I came across this cartoon on the subject:

wonderboy is offline   Reply With Quote