Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 09-20-2009, 05:15 AM   #1
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
HELP cannt connect to eb1150 with eboowise librarian

I had to reformat and reinstall my pc.

I had a ton of books to read at the time and didnt worry about putting more on at the time.

Now I want to swap some books into it, so I reloaded Librarian and the ebook usb driver.

BUT it wont recognize the ebook !!

I plug in the 1150 and I get a error saying:

a problem occurred during hardware installation
your new hardware might not work properly

I thought that the usb driver took care of that.

also its been so long ( had lots of books in it and haven had much chance to read this summer ), Im not sure if the settings are correct on the 1150 to connect properly etc.

Here are the 1150s settings:

Currently both use http proxy and use proxy for usb are UNCHECKED

the information in their windows say the following:

HTTP Proxy - 127.0.0.1
USP Proxy - 9090

I think this was for impserv etc, but as they are unchecked that shouldnt matter should it? ( not currently using imp server ( I know, great program etc, but wanted to use a gui for now etc ) )

could someone please help?

As a last resort I could remove the memory card and try to transfer stuff manualy that way , but would really rather not.

At some point in time, no matter how careful you would be something would go wrong and id eventually break the card and have to get a new one.

HELP PLEASE
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:03 PM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by askyn View Post
I had to reformat and reinstall my pc.

I had a ton of books to read at the time and didnt worry about putting more on at the time.

Now I want to swap some books into it, so I reloaded Librarian and the ebook usb driver.

BUT it wont recognize the ebook !!

I plug in the 1150 and I get a error saying:

a problem occurred during hardware installation
your new hardware might not work properly
Which Operating system (WinXP, Vista, MacOSX) is your newly formatted computer using? Vista might be harder to get this working...

Can you try the following tip: USB driver does not recognize Ebookwise

and if that doesn't work, try uninstalling and then re-installing the ETI USB driver. Note: as with most USB installs, DO NOT plug in the device into the computer until the software USB driver has been installed and preferrably after a restart/reboot.

Quote:
I thought that the usb driver took care of that.

also its been so long ( had lots of books in it and haven had much chance to read this summer ), Im not sure if the settings are correct on the 1150 to connect properly etc.

Here are the 1150s settings:

Currently both use http proxy and use proxy for usb are UNCHECKED

the information in their windows say the following:

HTTP Proxy - 127.0.0.1
USP Proxy - 9090

I think this was for impserv etc, but as they are unchecked that shouldnt matter should it? ( not currently using imp server ( I know, great program etc, but wanted to use a gui for now etc ) )

could someone please help?
Reread this thread: downloading problem using Online Bookshelf (both 'use http proxy' and 'use proxy for usb' are UNCHECKED) or ebookwise librarian (both 'use http proxy' and 'use proxy for usb' are CHECKED).

Quote:
As a last resort I could remove the memory card and try to transfer stuff manualy that way , but would really rather not.

At some point in time, no matter how careful you would be something would go wrong and id eventually break the card and have to get a new one.
Yes, avoid removing SM memory cards and use ebookwise Librarian or Impserve whenever possible!

Good luck!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2009, 01:24 PM   #3
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
thanks for the help.

I ended up having to format and reinstall the pc.

Something was wacky with drivers etc and I ended up experienceing other issues I couldnt resolve.

All works now .. weee
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:01 PM   #4
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
good news

It is good that you were able to get it working again!

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote