Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 03-23-2014, 08:16 PM   #1
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
[Feature Request] - Ability to increase dictionary font size

One thing I love about using an e-reader is that I can adjust the font size so my aging eyes can read unassisted, without my reading glasses. Another thing I love is being able to look up any words I'm unsure of in the dictionary.

However the font used in the dictionary pop-up is so small that I can't read the results without finding my glasses. I searched for a setting to be able to enlarge it, but couldn't find one.

Any chance of allowing larger font for dictionary look-ups, either user-defined or automatically increasing if the book font is increased?

Thanks,
Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:24 PM   #2
RONE
Enthusiast
RONE began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4S
My understanding is the dictionary is part of the phone's OS, and as such is not controlled by Marvin. This is the same reason why we can't dim the box that pops up for the dictionary (very annoying when laying in bed at night in a pitch black room).
RONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2014, 04:09 AM   #3
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Hello @Marcy - @RONE is right - the dictionary that Marvin uses comes from iOS and I don't have control over how it looks.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote