Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #61
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-the-STORM View Post
alright, stderr gets us closer:

hope someone knows how to get libasound on the kindle, so rdesktop can use it..
If by 'kindle' you mean the K5-Paperwhite in your infromation block -
Where are you going to get the audio hardware for the library to use?

See if you have an option to disable sound in your rdesktop setup.

Last edited by knc1; 09-18-2013 at 01:01 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #62
Q-the-STORM
Q-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I already have disabled audio redirection...

but that shouldn't be the issue, rdesktop always loads the library before even trying to connect... (same error when I enter a invalid IP)
Q-the-STORM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #63
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I already have disabled audio redirection...

but that shouldn't be the issue, rdesktop always loads the library before even trying to connect... (same error when I enter a invalid IP)
The library will most likely just error-out due to lack of audio hardware.
So just providing the library is unlikely to fix your problem.

Sounds like (no pun intended) you need a re-build without any audio support for use on the Kpw(1).
Old 09-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #64
Q-the-STORM
Q-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud of

Because of
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
This release is configured for screen size of a PAPERWHITE
I assumed this should be working with the paperwhite out of the box... why configure it for the paperwhite if it doesn't work ^^
Old 09-18-2013, 01:55 PM   #65
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I assumed this should be working with the paperwhite out of the box...
Well, now thanks to your testing, we know there is a problem.

I am sure twobob has enough information in this thread now to take care of it, **whenever** he has a chance.
Just wait patiently, he is a very busy person with a shortage of hobby time.
Advert
Old 09-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #66
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Because of

I assumed this should be working with the paperwhite out of the box... why configure it for the paperwhite if it doesn't work ^^
On the target you are trying to connect to...

The RDP rework shouldnt have affected win7 server AFAIK but as I pointed out I dont have one to test on.

Win 8 has tested as a "no" also so far. worked on that.

Will see about this when I have something to test against.

FWIW, I use this on my PW to a windows 2012 server at the moment.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:54 PM   #67
Q-the-STORM

I just tried Windows Web Server 2008 R2, still the same output...

I get the same output when I have disabled wifi, so it shouldn't matter what machine I'm trying to connect to, since the error comes before even trying to connect...

maybe you have something installed on your kindle that contained the library I am lacking and that's why it's working on your PW and not on mine...
Old 09-19-2013, 05:08 AM   #68
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

oh - sorry dude.

I didnt realise you were missing the lib
Sigh....

libasound.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Just noted that in your post.

Sigh.
Just gonna run out. will happily repack when I get back.

Duh. numbnut.

NOTE TO SELF LD_LIBRARY_PATH=../lib - must remember NOT to add the main paths when testing. jeebers. how many times have I done this now??
Old 09-20-2013, 07:24 AM   #69
Q-the-STORM

thanks, that would be great!
Old 09-20-2013, 08:00 AM   #70
twobob

no worries.

I'll check out what I missed in a bit.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:07 AM   #71
twobob

Okay I think I get it now.

on the touch: /usr/lib/libasound.so.2

and on my PW I have custom libs in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH that covered me.

I'll zip it up now.

(shoved libaudio in there too... just in case)

EDIT: UPDATED TOP BUNDLE.

Last edited by twobob; 09-20-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:53 AM   #72
Q-the-STORM

Alright thanks... Where do I need to put it, to get it to work?
Old 09-20-2013, 09:02 AM   #73
twobob

Updated top bundle for you.

easier.

my home network is not playing nicely today so I am struggling to test on the PW.

Last edited by twobob; 09-20-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:56 AM   #74
Q-the-STORM

alright, now it's connecting (win7 logs out when user connects), needed to use -C though...

but now I get

Quote:
ERROR: Failed to open keymap de
Connection established using SSL.
X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
Major opcode of failed request: 1 (X_CreateWindow)
Serial number of failed request: 37
Current serial number in output stream: 48
when I don't use -k de, I get
Quote:
ERROR: Failed to open keymap en-us
Connection established using SSL.
X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
Major opcode of failed request: 1 (X_CreateWindow)
Serial number of failed request: 37
Current serial number in output stream: 48
so basically the same...

I get the same message when trying to connect to windows web server 2008 R2...
Old 09-20-2013, 10:03 AM   #75
twobob

0x00000001 (NEEDED) Shared library: [libssl.so.1.0.0]
0x00000001 (NEEDED) Shared library: [libcrypto.so.1.0.0]
0x00000001 (NEEDED) Shared library: [libasound.so.2]
0x00000001 (NEEDED) Shared library: [libX11.so.6]
0x00000001 (NEEDED) Shared library: [libgcc_s.so.1]
0x00000001 (NEEDED) Shared library: [libc.so.6]

hmm... could be the SSL.
Got the PW up and running. gimme 5

Tags
launcher add-ons, rdesktop