Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-23-2013, 11:16 AM   #136
llcj
Addict
llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
I'm glad you're loving your new Kobo Aura HD. I have a question: can you remove some of the shortcuts in the main home screen, like the 'reading stats' and the web-browser shortcut?
From what I can see, no. Perhaps I am overlooking where these customizations are made and someone else can enlighten us (wouldn't be the first time.)
llcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:46 AM   #137
Mostly Math
Groupie
Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (loaned out), KoboTouch (given away), KoboVox, KoboGlo, AuraHD
Quote:
I'm glad you're loving your new Kobo Aura HD. I have a question: can you remove some of the shortcuts in the main home screen, like the 'reading stats' and the web-browser shortcut?
Yes. And the shortcuts change as you open books or play with the extras.

1) The gap at the bottom left is because I just deleted an icon (is that what I should be calling it)

2) If you long press on the icon, you get these two options

3) choosing dismiss deletes the icon

The "library" "bookstore" and "reading life" options at the very bottom can't be dismissed. Also the search bar at the top can't be dismissed (at least if they can I don't know how, I looked in settings).

Hope this helps, and boy am I learning SO MUCH about this Aura HD.

S

PS: after a few days of reading I still LOVE IT!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130423_113627.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	529.3 KB
ID:	104845   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130423_113637.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	560.4 KB
ID:	104846   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130423_113643.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	529.5 KB
ID:	104847  
Mostly Math is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #138
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostly Math View Post

1) The gap at the bottom left is because I just deleted an icon (is that what I should be calling it)

The "library" "bookstore" and "reading life" options at the very bottom can't be dismissed. Also the search bar at the top can't be dismissed (at least if they can I don't know how, I looked in settings).

S

Thank you! Wow, you read a lot of books at once
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #139
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Quote:

S

Is the screensaver still the current book you are reading?

Many thanks for answering all the questions

Last edited by Willa; 04-23-2013 at 12:20 PM. Reason: To make sense!
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:25 PM   #140
Mostly Math
Groupie
Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank you! Wow, you read a lot of books at once
I have been opening every type of book I have: kepub, epub, pdf, purchased from KOBO, purchased elsewhere, etc. etc. etc. to answer questions about fonts, italics and whatnot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa View Post
Is the screensaver still the current book you are reading?

Many thanks for answering all the questions
Yes the screensaver is still the current book I am reading.

S
Advert
Old 04-23-2013, 12:29 PM   #141
llcj
Addict
llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

[QUOTE=Mostly Math;2491537]

For some reason this isn't working for me. A long press results in the same thing as a short press.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #142
Mostly Math
Groupie

[QUOTE=llcj;2491577]
Quote:

For some reason this isn't working for me. A long press results in the same thing as a short press.
I just keep my finger there until the menu comes up, about 3 seconds.

S
Old 04-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #143
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
[QUOTE=Mostly Math;2491579]
Quote:
Originally Posted by llcj View Post

I just keep my finger there until the menu comes up, about 3 seconds.

S
Doesn't work for me either, I tried holding my finger on the web browser icon on the home page for example for 10-15 seconds, no menu came up.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #144
Mostly Math
Groupie

[QUOTE=jiminrussell;2491614]
Quote:

Doesn't work for me either, I tried holding my finger on the web browser icon on the home page for example for 10-15 seconds, no menu came up.
Interesting, I just the web browser icon and it worked. I put my finger on it, a black box appears around the icon pretty much instantaneously then about 1 second later the little menu box comes up.

S
Old 04-23-2013, 01:10 PM   #145
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
[QUOTE=Mostly Math;2491619]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post

Interesting, I just the web browser icon and it worked. I put my finger on it, a black box appears around the icon pretty much instantaneously then about 1 second later the little menu box comes up.

S
Yes I get the black border around the icon when I touch it but then nothing happens. Once I lift my finger off it opens the browser, if I drag my finger off then the icon is no longer selected and nothing happens. Doesn't seem to matter how long I hold my finger on the icon, I never see the menu, tried with multiple different ICONS.

Curious if maybe there is a different firmware installed, might have the same firmware number, kobo has done that before fixed a problem and not updated the firmware number. I have FW 2.5.0 (005513d0d1, 4/9/13).
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #146
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
I admit that this latest model is the first Kobo machine to have gotten my attention. I don't need another reader, but if I did, this would be a serious contender.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #147
llcj
Addict

Quote:

Curious if maybe there is a different firmware installed, might have the same firmware number, kobo has done that before fixed a problem and not updated the firmware number. I have FW 2.5.0 (005513d0d1, 4/9/13).
My firmware number is the same as yours.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:35 PM   #148
Mostly Math
Groupie

Quote:

snip

It appears that I have a newer firmware (I must just be that special )

2.5.0 (c988b71a4d, 4/12/13)

I ordered mine directly from KOBO and it is an ONYX.

S
Old 04-23-2013, 01:36 PM   #149
Mostly Math
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
I admit that this latest model is the first Kobo machine to have gotten my attention. I don't need another reader, but if I did, this would be a serious contender.
Since when does NEED have anything to do with it ?

S
Old 04-23-2013, 01:42 PM   #150
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Since when does NEED have anything to do with it ?

S
Since, like, never!

I want the Aura....I don't think I can pass it off as a Mother's Day gift to myself, though. Next big holiday is Christmas.....sigh...
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote