Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-26-2010, 04:04 AM   #1
Starko
Zealot
Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Duokan - PDF Highlights and Notes

Is it possible? If yes than how? There is a menu item "View BMDigest" that displays a promising screen with 'tabs' for Marks, Digest and Meno (they probably misspelled Memo). But "Dictionary.Meno" menu item is always disabled.
Starko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:54 AM   #2
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
to mark a certain line/paragraph with your own notes, just select a line on a page with the joystick and start tipping.

To highlight a portion of the text, move the cursor to the beginning of the text, press the joystick down, move the cursor down or to the right to make a selection, press the joystick down again and save as digest or notes.

Last edited by eLiNK; 11-26-2010 at 06:00 AM.
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2010, 12:06 PM   #3
Starko
Zealot
Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLiNK View Post
to mark a certain line/paragraph with your own notes, just select a line on a page with the joystick and start tipping.

To highlight a portion of the text, move the cursor to the beginning of the text, press the joystick down, move the cursor down or to the right to make a selection, press the joystick down again and save as digest or notes.
I wish it was that easy, then i would not have to ask it here.

To prevent further misunderstandings - In my original post i was talking about viewing PDF on DUOKAN firmware. If anyone knows the answer to my question, please let me know.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:34 PM   #4
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starko View Post
I wish it was that easy, then i would not have to ask it here.

To prevent further misunderstandings - In my original post i was talking about viewing PDF on DUOKAN firmware. If anyone knows the answer to my question, please let me know.
Starko, this works in my Duokan -- both memo and dictionary notes, as eLink wrote above. I am able to move the cursor and make a note, then view it as in the screenshots below:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20101126122433.jpg
Views:	719
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	61873   Click image for larger version

Name:	20101126122519.jpg
Views:	684
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	61874   Click image for larger version

Name:	20101126122551.jpg
Views:	660
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	61875   Click image for larger version

Name:	20101126122639.jpg
Views:	769
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	61876   Click image for larger version

Name:	20101126122656.jpg
Views:	711
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	61877  
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:23 PM   #5
Starko
Zealot

My apologies to eLink. And it's good to know that it actually should work that way.

Unfortunately I have tried all PDF's on mine and still have no luck. Neither pressing 5way nor any other letter keys does anything... damn...

I noticed that my dictionary is not set. Might that be the problem?
When i select Dictionary menu item i get a "No dictionary" message. What am i to do?

Last edited by Starko; 11-26-2010 at 02:28 PM.
Advert
Old 11-26-2010, 02:40 PM   #6
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
You can get a dictionary here:
http://xdxf.revdanica.com/down/

After choosing language input and output, one must select stardict format in "other options" - download format.

I like the The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.44, which is pretty big

* Extract three files with the following suffixes (using 7-Zip): dz, idx, ifo
* The file ending dz is also compressed file so extract open it (again with 7-Zip or similar program)
* Now we have four files: Dz Idx Ifo Dict.
* Copy the idx, ifo, and dict files to DK_System\system\dict\
* Multiple dictionaries can be installed

If you haven't got the latest Duokan update, you might install it first:
http://dl.dbank.com/c0xocv6lm8

All you need to do to update is to replace DK_System file with the new one. But then you have to go through putting it in English, etc. again. There should be a new version tomorrow at:

http://www.duokan.com/forum/viewthre...extra=page%3D1
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:43 PM   #7
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
I have no dictionary installed at all, so it seem to be a problem with your installation
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 02:57 PM   #8
Starko
Zealot

Updated Duokan: Dicovered interesting anomalies:

1. Highlighting & Notes "works" only in Portrait mode.
2. Highlighting & Notes "works" only on uncropped PDFs
3. "Works" means "does something". Cursors stays only on the right side of the screen so the highlighting is off - see attachments.

I am not sure whether the update changed anything. Still it's obvious there is something wrong with my Kindle setup. Any advice is welcome
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20101127204519.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	61917   Click image for larger version

Name:	20101127204135.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	205.6 KB
ID:	61918  
Old 12-01-2010, 06:28 AM   #9
Irratzo
Enthusiast
Irratzo began at the beginning.

Device: M96, Pocketbook 903
Hi there!

Can you confirm that Duokan supports hyperlinks in PDFs? I couldn't find this information while browsing.
Irratzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:58 PM   #10
chmochka
chmochka began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I'm also interested whether hyperlinking works in Duokan. I have a PDF that's an index that opens other PDF files and also another PDF that has a table of contents and neither work on Kindle 3
chmochka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:16 AM   #11
Starko
Zealot

If you want to get the answer quickly it's better to make a new thread. It seems that every one who uses actively Duokan has read this thread and does not read it again.
I personally would try answer your question but
a. i don't have PDF with a hyperlink
b. My Kinlde and/or Duokan is apparently messed up so my answers would not neccessarily be good

You might consider to provide a PDF to test as an attachment
Old 12-04-2010, 01:38 PM   #12
chmochka
chmochka began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Here's one pdf file with a hyperlinked table of contents.. than kyou

https://www.yousendit.com/download/c...QVNHa05jR0E9PQ
chmochka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:19 PM   #13
Starko
Zealot

I tried but my Duokan does not work well - i cant scroll through the page so i can't even point at those links....

Why don't you install Duokan and try it for yourself? It's not difficult and it's easy to remove if you are not happy.

Or post it as a separate Thread!
Old 11-28-2012, 12:03 PM   #14
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Oh I didn't know one can highligh pdf in Duokan. Cool! To Duokan team, I'd like to ask for Highlight and Note feature for Kindle Touch too. Any plans to add it? Thanks.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote