Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 02-19-2014, 05:04 PM   #1
kayla_shelley
kayla_shelley began at the beginning.

Device: epub/mobi
Another Epub Errors from Apple Thread

Okay so I recently uploaded several ebooks to Apple and they sent back a spreadsheet with the dozens of errors they found in the files. I was able to correct most of them but there's one book in particular that has several errors I can't seem to decipher. Some of them are:

attribute "prefix" not allowed here; expected attribute "id", "unique-identifier" or "version"
value of attribute "version" is invalid; must be equal to "2.0"
attribute "xml:lang" not allowed here; expected attribute "id" or "unique-identifier"
element "meta" missing required attributes "content" and "name"

Here's the spreadsheet we got back so that you can see specifically what they're referencing with the file name 9781621374152_EPUB.epub.

https://docs.google.com/a/virtualboo...Xc&usp=sharing

Does anyone know how to repair these? I've tried googling some of these and I haven't been able to find the solution!

Thanks SO much.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 02-19-2014 at 11:56 PM.
kayla_shelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:00 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayla_shelley View Post
Here's the spreadsheet we got back so that you can see specifically what they're referencing with the file name 9781621374152_EPUB.epub.
Your error lists are pretty much useless without access to the actual epub file.

All of these errors should be easy to fix. Just go to the line numbers listed and check the attributes of all elements.

Besides, since you seem to do this for a living you cannot expect others to do your work.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2014, 06:34 AM   #3
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Seems like Apple has some kind of publication about what they want that ought be available on their website. Not an Apple guy so I don't know what they call it.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote