Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-29-2011, 12:18 PM   #1
SamanthaV
SamanthaV began at the beginning.

Device: Libre Touch
Troubleshooting Libre Touch

Hi!

I purchased an Aluratek Libre Touch a few months ago. For the most part, I absolutely love it...although I'm getting a bit frustrated.

Approx. every 3 weeks, I get the message that the "application Browser (process com.android.browser) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." And I have only 1 option to choose - Force close.

In one of the forums, I found a suggestion to (after removing the micro SD card) reset to factory settings. I've done that a few times now. The reader then functions beautifully for approx 3 weeks and then I have to do it again.

This last time I did it, I no longer can access the books I've downloaded - the message indicates "The book has been damaged, can not be opened." Keep in mind, it's the copy of the book on the micro SD card that I'm trying to access.

Am I missing something? I'm not a real techno-geek, but I'm not an idiot, either. Isn't there a one time fix that would make things easier?

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
SamanthaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:35 PM   #2
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool another card

just a guess, samantha, but if it were me i'd try using another micro sd card. hope you had a backup of the book that appears to be damaged.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert