Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-10-2010, 07:12 PM   #1
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
->Txt+Markdown

What does the text output with markdown store, in regards to formatting?
(If any)
Bold/Italics/Headings/Lists/etc.

Would it be possible if I used source (while learning python) to add several that I need as additional conversion abilities?
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:49 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post
What does the text output with markdown store, in regards to formatting?
(If any)
Bold/Italics/Headings/Lists/etc.
TXT+Markdown output is still a work in progress. It supports all Markdown formatting. However, it currently just pushes the XHTML pages into html2text (see calibre.utils.html2text and upstream. I have not had time to determine if css styling is accounted for during the conversion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post
Would it be possible if I used source (while learning python) to add several that I need as additional conversion abilities?
The only thing that might be necessary for TXT+Markdown output is supporting css. But yes it would be possible for you to fix any short comings of the current implementation. There are instructions for getting started with developing and you can always ask for here on MobileRead or you can email me directly.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2010, 04:04 AM   #3
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
Thanks for that info.
Looking at 'html2text.py', and in particular the 'handle_tag' section I see that nearly all the formatting I'm currently interested in is preserved.

The only thing I may try to add is superscript (as html entity), as I use this for use with links to footnotes etc..
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote