Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-20-2010, 09:59 AM   #1
jferg71
jferg71 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Angry Problems with Ebook stores???

Hi, I am new to this but looking for some advice. I purchased a number of books from Coolerbooks back in December 09, but when I went to download the books the links didn't work.

The money had been taken from my card (no surprise there) but 3 months on I am finding real problems getting any kind of resolution - I have to send 3 or 4 chaser emails before I hear anything from them, and then they ask me a question, I reply and the chase starts again.....

Any advice on how to resolve this (or next steps??)

Thanks
jferg71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:34 AM   #2
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jferg71 View Post
Hi, I am new to this but looking for some advice. I purchased a number of books from Coolerbooks back in December 09, but when I went to download the books the links didn't work.

The money had been taken from my card (no surprise there) but 3 months on I am finding real problems getting any kind of resolution - I have to send 3 or 4 chaser emails before I hear anything from them, and then they ask me a question, I reply and the chase starts again.....

Any advice on how to resolve this (or next steps??)

Thanks
Dispute the charge with your credit card company. Either that will get the store's attention and get you service, or you'll get your money back.

You'll have to fill out a detailed form explaining the problem and what steps you've taken to resolve it. I've done this about 10 times in my 20 years of charging and the credit card company has sided with me each time, once for a charge of over $2000.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:38 AM   #3
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
I agree with Marcy. Three months is way too long to still be messing around with that company.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:39 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It might not be possible to have the credit card company intervene. It's been over 30 days and in most cases, 30 days is the limit you have to have the credit card company refund your money.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:45 AM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It might not be possible to have the credit card company intervene. It's been over 30 days and in most cases, 30 days is the limit you have to have the credit card company refund your money.
Quote:
The Fair Credit Billing Act mandates that you do this in writing, within 60 days after the bill with the disputed charge was sent to you.
So, almost 90 days depending on where you are in your billing cycle.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 01:24 PM   #6
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
So, almost 90 days depending on where you are in your billing cycle.

BOb
I've disputed after 60 days and still gotten my money back. If you are a good customer the credit card company is interested in keeping you happy.

Example: We paid for a Renaissance cruise about 6 months before the company went bankrupt. After the bankruptcy we disputed the charge and the credit card company refunded the money and they went to court with Renaissance to get the money back, instead of making us have to be a part of the lawsuit.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:53 PM   #7
SimonSays
No wire hangers, ever!
SimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-300
You can also file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. That might make them respond to you
SimonSays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:02 AM   #8
jferg71
jferg71 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Thanks everybody!
jferg71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 04:07 PM   #9
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
I've disputed after 60 days and still gotten my money back. If you are a good customer the credit card company is interested in keeping you happy.

Example: We paid for a Renaissance cruise about 6 months before the company went bankrupt. After the bankruptcy we disputed the charge and the credit card company refunded the money and they went to court with Renaissance to get the money back, instead of making us have to be a part of the lawsuit.

-Marcy
Similar for me. When on a business trip, I didn't check my credit card statements for almost 3 months. Home again, I found a fraud - someone ordered from Amazon for more than € 2k with my card.
I've got the money back from MasterCard right away and they went to court with it.
I've found MasterCard extremely generous and customer-oriented.

Last edited by mgmueller; 03-29-2010 at 04:02 AM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote