Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: Which category shall we use for MARCH in 2013?
Mystery/Thriller 14 51.85%
Science Fiction 11 40.74%
Adventure/Travel 15 55.56%
Biography 6 22.22%
Major Literary Award Winners 6 22.22%
Indie 2 7.41%
Modern Fiction 5 18.52%
Free for All 7 25.93%
Fantasy 8 29.63%
Classics 7 25.93%
Non-fiction 6 22.22%
Greek Philosophy 4 14.81%
Young Adult 5 18.52%
Lottery 3 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2012, 05:09 PM   #16
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
"Adventure/Travel" edges out "Mystery/Crime" for the first "category upset" of the new year.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:07 PM   #17
medard
Wizard
medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Electronic Paper
I think there's a database error anyway since Greek Philosoph got four votes only ..
medard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:08 PM   #18
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Ok, my new campaign slogan is Mystery for May! Say it with me, Mystery for May!
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #19
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Ok, my new campaign slogan is Mystery for May! Say it with me, Mystery for May!
I can get behind that.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:02 PM   #20
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I can get behind that.
Excellent! Humour is a meh category, so we should move Fantasy up to April to clear the decks for Mystery for May™. [April] Fools and Fantasy work well together.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:12 PM   #21
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Excellent! Humour is a meh category, so we should move Fantasy up to April to clear the decks for Mystery for May™. [April] Fools and Fantasy work well together.
Someone needs to nominate some Pratchett and combine the two.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:27 PM   #22
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
Someone needs to nominate some Pratchett and combine the two.

Yes & Yes!!

See Tom, your job is almost done for you!!!

Last edited by Nyssa; 12-14-2012 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Added quotes.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #23
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Wow, I'm happy and surprised that Adventure/Travel won! I was hoping that it would eventually win, probably in some later month, after a lot of popular categories had already won and weren't nominated anymore, but I honestly didn't expect it to win so early, so woohoo. I think it will be a fun month.

Quote:
Mystery for May sounds great!

It'd be nice if Fantasy and Science Fiction were switched to Science Fiction earlier in the year and Fantasy later, though. I'm not a big fan of Horror next to Science Fiction and Science Fiction doesn't sound like a great idea for December, so an easy fix could be Science Fiction earlier in the year, Fantasy later on.

I think April would be good for a few different categories so it'll be fun to see what happens. This way of choosing categories one at a time month by month is fun to watch play out; thanks for doing it, Tom.

Last edited by sun surfer; 12-14-2012 at 09:20 PM.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:53 PM   #24
Nyssa
Series Addict

If Mystery diesn't make it in May, I will definitely nominate it for December.

Last edited by Nyssa; 12-14-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:04 PM   #25
Synamon
Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
It'd be nice if Fantasy and Science Fiction were switched to Science Fiction earlier in the year and Fantasy later, though. I'm not a big fan of Horror next to Science Fiction and Science Fiction doesn't sound like a great idea for December, so an easy fix could be Science Fiction earlier in the year, Fantasy later on..
Or, Horror could die. <cue scary music and stabby icon>

Problem solved.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:12 AM   #26
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Yes, March will be the Adventure/Travel month.

Lovely.

I think you guys know the rest of that phrase!

I guess it's on to April now. I'll open a thread shortly.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:13 AM   #27
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I am not going to take the poor indie showing to heart. I'll be there for the next nomination throwing indie into the ring again.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:28 AM   #28
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
April category nominations are here.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:42 AM   #29
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Yes, March will be the Adventure/Travel month.

Lovely.

I think you guys know the rest of that phrase!

I guess it's on to April now. I'll open a thread shortly.
No, I don't know the rest of the phrase ...
Old 12-15-2012, 07:11 AM   #30
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Excellent! Humour is a meh category

-snip-
Agree with this at least.