Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-13-2011, 11:06 PM   #1
bsell1
bsell1 began at the beginning.

Device: WM phone, android tablet
ebook, cover, and metadata as one file

In my old version of Calibre, there was an option to put the cover, metadata, and ebook all in one file when you saved it to disk. Now when ever I save to disk, I have 3 seperate files for each ebook, and I see no way to change the default settings. How do I go about saving all the data as one file?
bsell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:11 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsell1 View Post
In my old version of Calibre, there was an option to put the cover, metadata, and ebook all in one file when you saved it to disk. Now when ever I save to disk, I have 3 seperate files for each ebook, and I see no way to change the default settings. How do I go about saving all the data as one file?
Make a EPUB wih Insert Metadata set,

Those others are extras for readers that don't extract data from a book..
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:18 PM   #3
bsell1

ok, how do I do that?
Old 07-13-2011, 11:31 PM   #4
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Check the preferences you should be able to select the option to not save metadata and cover when using send to device or saving to disk.
How to add metadata depends on what format you are using sending to device or save to disk usually updates the metadata for formats that support metadata for epub IIRC it also updates the cover.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:42 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
If you use the Save to disk feature metadata is inserted in the epub upon save. Also if that epub already has a clearly defined cover then the cover is automatically upgraded in the epub upon save to disk. This is the way it has been for a year.

There has never been a time when all three were guaranteed to be updated in the epub upon saving. If you don't want to see these other files go to Preferences - Saving books to disk and uncheck "Save cover separately" and "Save metadata in opf file". Unchecking these will keep those two files from being written during the save to disk operation.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:31 AM   #6
bsell1

Dwanthny, the problem is where you say "Unchecking these will keep those two files from being written during the save to disk operation. " That is what I did in the old version. In the new version 0.8.9, the statements are there, but there are no check boxes to turn them off.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:37 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Dwanthny, the problem is where you say "Unchecking these will keep those two files from being written during the save to disk operation. " That is what I did in the old version. In the new version 0.8.9, the statements are there, but there are no check boxes to turn them off.
Check the scrollbar at the bottom of the Preference window to be hard LEFT
Old 07-14-2011, 10:11 AM   #8
bsell1

ok, problem solved. I made the assumption that there are invisible check boxes in front of the save to disk options, and blindly checked the invisible boxes and now it works fine. Looks like an bug in this version.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:32 AM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
ok, problem solved. I made the assumption that there are invisible check boxes in front of the save to disk options, and blindly checked the invisible boxes and now it works fine. Looks like an bug in this version.
Bugs like this are usually solved one of two ways. Reboot your computer or if running linux reinstall calibre using the binary install instructions here and not a repository version.

Glad to see you have it the way you want it. Having these files save to disk or not having these files save to disk make zero difference to the epub that is saved in the process.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:35 AM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Which version, on What OS?
BTW do you have a custom Desktop theme in place? Try changing that.
Boxes are not Invisible on XP, W7 (Toshiba theme), Ubuntu Natty (32 bit) Radiance theme