Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-20-2015, 02:34 AM   #16
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I think the on-animation could be a problem on some devices, since Sergey's fmon uses this script to start (possibly several) copies of fmon.
At this point I'm more concerned that nickel doesn't break because of it. If it turns out to work I'll just copy it then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That is supposedly the date added to the shelf, but it is broken in recent firmware.
Thanks for telling me ... so there's hope the DateAdded will work in some future firmware. We will see...
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 03:26 AM   #17
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Is it possible one way to activate/deactivate it from within KSM and/or nickel?
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2015, 03:19 PM   #18
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's not related to KSM in any way. Activate/deactivate isn't possible right now. An uninstall routine is on the todo list.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:50 PM   #19
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
It's not related to KSM in any way. Activate/deactivate isn't possible right now. An uninstall routine is on the todo list.
I borrowed a large part of your script and adopted it for usage with KSM, cf. this post. I hope this is okay with you. If you mind, please tell me, and I will remove the script from the post.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:13 PM   #20
frostschutz
Linux User

That's fine. It's open source, after all. I don't use KSM myself (yet?) so you'll have to maintain that version yourself, though...
Advert
Old 01-23-2015, 06:06 AM   #21
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That's fine. It's open source, after all. I don't use KSM myself (yet?) so you'll have to maintain that version yourself, though...
Since you mentioned maintenance, this could be easy for me, if ... Could you please have a look at the attached script?

Edit: This script was only thought for exchanging ideas with Frostschutz. KSM users please use the script uploaded to this post.
Attached Files
File Type: zip autoshelf_also_for_ksm.zip (1.5 KB, 487 views)

Last edited by tshering; 01-30-2015 at 03:16 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:24 PM   #22
frostschutz
Linux User

@tshering: Sorry for the late reply. I'm not sure if it's useful like that; might be better to make the script take some parameters so anyone can call it. I'll see what I can come up with.

I'll also fix the on animation. The format of those raw graphics is still a mystery to me. I can decode the regular screenshot fine, although it's a bit strange (virtual resolution so you have to ignore some pixels). You can actually do colored screenshots, in the web browser and such, that's kind of funny for a black-and-white display.

But in the raw.gz (specifically the ones for the H2O) it's somehow rotated / distorted, I haven't figured out the trick yet. Plus it's different for every device...

With a custom graphic it would be possible (in a shell script) to make a "Do you want to update Shelves now" Yes/No confirmation screen since the pickel also has a touchscreen interface.

Oh well, the automated variant is probably fine anyways

Edit: Never mind, I got it... nickel screenshots are 1088x and the pickel raws are 1440x. Sheesh.

Also, pickel is linked against png and jpeg libraries, but there is no option to make it actually use those formats, is there?

Last edited by frostschutz; 01-29-2015 at 08:37 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:21 AM   #23
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Since you mentioned maintenance, this could be easy for me, if ... Could you please have a look at the attached script?
I want to give a try. Where is supossed to be put?
Old 01-30-2015, 03:31 AM   #24
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by boriar View Post
I want to give a try. Where is supossed to be put?
See this post.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:45 AM   #25
boriar
Evangelist

Quote:
Oh! I thought that this replaced the original. So is that an improvement over the one in this post?
Old 01-30-2015, 10:34 AM   #26
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by boriar View Post
Oh! I thought that this replaced the original. So is that an improvement over the one in this post?
When used with KSM, both do the same job. The difference is that the one posted in the KSM thread works only in the KSM environment, whereas the one posted in this thread is supposed to work in the KSM environment and in Frostschutz' package too. My proposal to Frostschutz was to use this later script as basis for his further development. I have to admit that I did not see Frostschutz' reply until now.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:28 PM   #27
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
@tshering: Sorry for the late reply. I'm not sure if it's useful like that;
At least it would be useful for KSM users.
Quote:
might be better to make the script take some parameters so anyone can call it. I'll see what I can come up with.
This would increase difficulty for KSM users a bit, but, of course, it would others give a chance to use your script. But since KSM uses only one routine of your scripts, maintaining is not much work for me. So please do not worry about it.

Quote:
Also, pickel is linked against png and jpeg libraries, but there is no option to make it actually use those formats, is there?
If there is, then I do not know.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:53 PM   #28
cnmcleod
cnmcleod can differentiate black from dark navy bluecnmcleod can differentiate black from dark navy bluecnmcleod can differentiate black from dark navy bluecnmcleod can differentiate black from dark navy bluecnmcleod can differentiate black from dark navy bluecnmcleod can differentiate black from dark navy bluecnmcleod can differentiate black from dark navy bluecnmcleod can differentiate black from dark navy bluecnmcleod can differentiate black from dark navy bluecnmcleod can differentiate black from dark navy bluecnmcleod can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Sony PRS t1/2
Thank you! Perfect on my H2O.
Now a question, it works over all folders in the SD; I have folders with books and folders with other things... would be possible to start scanning from a folder directly?
For Example..
SD:
/Books
/Pictures
/Rubish
/whatever...

I'd like to create a Shelf from Books where I've organiced my library (/Books/fantasy. /Books/Sci-fi...)

Is it possible?

Thank you very much.
cnmcleod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 02:58 PM   #29
frostschutz
Linux User

Sorry, can you explain a bit more? What other things? This mod does not actually look at the folders at all; it grabs the stuff from the Kobo's own database so it depends on what your database looks like. I've already excluded some entry types as otherwise it would create collections without any content.

https://github.com/frostschutz/Kobo/...toshelf.sh#L49

You could change the condition there to file:///mnt/%/Books/%

https://github.com/frostschutz/Kobo/...toshelf.sh#L59

And change this to (onboard|sd)/Books/

Putting that in the official mod would require everyone to move their books there and re-index the entire database; I guess I'll have to introduce a configuration file or something for such things.

(I guess I'm not the only one who doesn't have everything in Books/?)

Edit: Also you can put anything you don't want in the database into a .hidden dir that starts with a .

Last edited by frostschutz; 02-07-2015 at 03:26 PM.
Old 02-07-2015, 07:11 PM   #30
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Sorry, can you explain a bit more? What other things? This mod does not actually look at the folders at all; it grabs the stuff from the Kobo's own database so it depends on what your database looks like. I've already excluded some entry types as otherwise it would create collections without any content.

https://github.com/frostschutz/Kobo/...toshelf.sh#L49
Looking at the SQL, you can just use ContentType=6. These are the book records. ContentType=9 are the chapters and kepubs also have ContentType=899 are chapters/spine entries. That plus the first ContentId condition will do it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote