Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 05:47 PM   #46
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:54 PM   #47
pansy99
pansy99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
I got it! Thanks so much.
Advert
Old 01-23-2014, 04:20 AM   #48
Lorenzo73
Lorenzo73 began at the beginning.

Hi to all, I have also the same problem
I had bought Kobo Glo N613 to my nephew as present,
but it stopped to work 'couse the SD got broken.

I've bought a new Micro SD card, but I'm not able to find anywhere the right image to write to the new SD. Could be anyone so gentle to send it to me a link where I can download it?

Thanks a lot!!!
Old 01-23-2014, 04:40 AM   #49
slucc74
slucc74 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinShort View Post
I sent you a private message with the link to my image of the Kobo Glo.

Hallo, could I have the Image-Link please?
And "How to bring back to live" maybe?
I brick my Glo and i need to back to life my E-reader!!!!

Thanks!!!!
Old 01-23-2014, 05:26 AM   #50
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

slucc74, Lorenzo73: PM sent with a link.

For instructions, see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=209122.
Advert
Old 01-23-2014, 11:38 AM   #51
Lorenzo73
Lorenzo73 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
slucc74, Lorenzo73: PM sent with a link.

For instructions, see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=209122.
Thanks a lot, it worked!!! ^_^
Old 01-28-2014, 05:47 PM   #52
Cecell3000
Enthusiast
Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Hello, could I have the Image-Link koboglo please?
Old 01-28-2014, 06:54 PM   #53
jamestheredengin
jamestheredengin began at the beginning.

Hi to all, I have also the same problem,

Any chance of getting that image as well?

Thanks James
Old 01-28-2014, 09:29 PM   #54
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Cecell3000, jamestheredengin: PM sent
Old 01-28-2014, 10:31 PM   #55
jamestheredengin

Quote:
Cecell3000, jamestheredengin: PM sent
Thanks davidfor
Old 01-29-2014, 12:58 AM   #56
jamestheredengin

Ok,

So followed instructions on other thread, have the three partitions happening when looking at it in Partition Manager.

Still not booting

Am I meant to enter my serial number over the 000000000 or in the image file name(i didnt think that would really matter). If so any way I can get this without the box?

When I hit the power button it just cycles green blue green then starts flashing green.
The only way to stop this is a soft reset.

When I try a hard reset on it, I get to the flashing disco light and it just stays on that for a while.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks James
Old 01-29-2014, 02:34 AM   #57
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

I don't think the serial number is important. I don't know that it is used for anything. Setting it is probably better. There are two or three instances. The first is probably the important one and is at 0x203.

The two times I have done this with the Glo, I had to do a factory reset using the buttons to get it working. Make sure the battery is charged. Even if it was the last time it worked, put it on charge for a while to ensure there is sufficient power and then try the factory reset.

The only other thing to try is a different SD card. It's possible the one you have is faulty.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:00 AM   #58
jamestheredengin

Quote:
I don't think the serial number is important. I don't know that it is used for anything. Setting it is probably better. There are two or three instances. The first is probably the important one and is at 0x203.

The two times I have done this with the Glo, I had to do a factory reset using the buttons to get it working. Make sure the battery is charged. Even if it was the last time it worked, put it on charge for a while to ensure there is sufficient power and then try the factory reset.

The only other thing to try is a different SD card. It's possible the one you have is faulty.
Thanks,

I'm going to reload the image onto the same card again, see how it goes. Then I think I will try another card, just have to locate one.

Thanks James
Old 01-29-2014, 07:48 AM   #59
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

James: When you try another card, it is safe to use a larger card. The image is for a 2GB card, but if it is written to a larger card, you can expand the data partition to use the extra space.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:39 PM   #60
TimothyAB
TimothyAB began at the beginning.

Device: KoboGlo
Exclamation

Please help me! I need KoboGlo internal SD card image, because my reader was broken after manual update of firmware.
Closed Thread