Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 01-11-2011, 12:35 PM   #1
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Flickering Screen?

Greetings,

I rooted my nook color and I have not had any problems other than some issues with apps not set up for the nooks resolution. Recently, however, I've noticed that in Aldiko and FBreader the screen flickers on certain illumination (mid-to-low range) settings. Has anyone else noticed this? I could have sworn that it wasn't happening when I first rooted. Is there a defect in the screen?
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:40 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Last night was the first time I tried Aldiko. I plan to spend some time within the app today. I'll keep this in mind and let you know.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #3
SammyWI
SammyWI has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 2, NookColor (rooted)
I've seen a few people report flickering issues. Seems like some people are more sensitive to this than others. Low screen brightness settings are probably another factor. You might try the Screen Filter app (free) instead of the brightness settings and see if that helps.
SammyWI is offline   Reply With Quote