Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 01-15-2020, 05:57 AM   #646
lems1995
Zealot
lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: sony prs-t2,prs-t3, onyx boox n96ml, maxcarta, Likebook Note+Mimas
Boyue has a lot of work to do,before to be compliant with Epub version 2, as already Sony PRS-T2 do yet in 2012!!!
lems1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 06:22 AM   #647
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: PW3, T80S, T80D, T103D, Ares Note
Well on my ares note anyways seems fine other then they really removed the ability to make the home button go to apps vs the read tab and that just sucks as I don't use any of the stock apps. I could use minimalist view but then it still won't let you put all your own apps at the top lol. I understand that's not a normal use case of the device but it was there before so why remove any previous features?
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 06:35 AM   #648
ottischwenk
Addict
ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: B Ares/Alita, OB Poke Pro, Tol Epos2/Shine3/Shine2/Page2, Sony PRST2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Well on my ares note anyways seems fine other then they really removed the ability to make the home button go to apps vs the read tab and that just sucks as I don't use any of the stock apps. I could use minimalist view but then it still won't let you put all your own apps at the top
You can sort it! And 18 own apps on top should be enough.
I prefer minimalist view 5X4
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 01:14 PM   #649
blue_skies
Addict
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratken View Post
Screenshots

Main screen has to options: standard and minimalistic
Standard screen has tabs with Apps, Notes and library
Backlit now can be toggled from the status bar. And you can mix cold/warm light without any additional apps.

Also you still can access android settings via About menu

Notes now can be put into groups. You can get pen/eraser settings if you tap on the icon again at the bottom

]
1 - tabs when multiple documents are open
2 - enable notes. When you enable notes you get that floating button from the second screenshot. Tap it and get to your notes.
And to get back you should tap icon from the third screenshot (screenshot with dual page mode)

Forgot about exporting. Yes, Notes are being exported into HTML and this is something. And you can't get pics in easy way since they're encoded into Base64 and aren't embedded pics. Not great, not terrible. But PDF is indeed preferable because you get what you see. Or at least they could export into HTML only pages as they are without any additional text so you can print HTML into PDF.
It's been told that in March we'll get update with Android 8 so better hurry up with all errors and bugs and change requests
Thank you so much for all those awesome screencaps. It's great to see a much improved UI. I haven't upgraded my Mimas firmware since soon after it was released. I am very tempted to upgrade it now, but also thinking maybe I should wait until March - hopefully any bugs will be fixed and the export to PDF feature will return. Hmm... decisions, decisions.
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 04:04 PM   #650
blue_skies
Addict
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting4somethin View Post
Damn, 700+mb update today (BYRead-V2.2.0-2020011316). Big changes to ui and other things.
I checked my Mimas - I thought I would at least download the update for now and then decide if I'd rather wait until the next one.

The latest firmware update isn't listed. Is that because I haven't updated it for almost a year and it's incremental?

My current version: BYRead-V1.0.0-2019012814

New version detected (I downloaded it but didn't install it):

BYRead-V1.0.2-2019032218 21.86MB 2019-03-22

I thought I would see BYRead-V2.2.0-2020011316 available.

Somebody on the Alita thread was complaining that their current update is showing up either and was wondering if it was reverted: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=207

Is the latest Mimas update missing for anybody else?
Old 01-16-2020, 05:23 PM   #651
Bratken
Enthusiast
Bratken doesn't litterBratken doesn't litterBratken doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
I checked my Mimas - I thought I would at least download the update for now and then decide if I'd rather wait until the next one.

The latest firmware update isn't listed. Is that because I haven't updated it for almost a year and it's incremental?

My current version: BYRead-V1.0.0-2019012814

New version detected (I downloaded it but didn't install it):

BYRead-V1.0.2-2019032218 21.86MB 2019-03-22

I thought I would see BYRead-V2.2.0-2020011316 available.

Somebody on the Alita thread was complaining that their current update is showing up either and was wondering if it was reverted: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=207

Is the latest Mimas update missing for anybody else?
Probably incremental. Because the version you've downloaded was on my Mimas when it arrived in april
Bratken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 06:59 PM   #652
blue_skies
Addict

Quote:
Probably incremental. Because the version you've downloaded was on my Mimas when it arrived in april
Oh, okay. Thank you for your reply.

If nobody else in the next few days reports having more recent firmware than I do while also missing the new FW, I will probably just upgrade to what has been downloaded and see if the newer FW shows up.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:19 AM   #653
zmiras
zmiras began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Oh that's nice

And it's still Android 6.0.1 but faster than it was
Hello,
Is there a possibility to upload this file somewhere?
My Mimas is still on 1.3 firmware and doesn't see any upgrades on the server.
Thx in advance....
zmiras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 08:16 AM   #654
Bratken
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmiras View Post
Hello,
Thx in advance....
Bad news. I didn't save update.zip because download went pretty fast and i thought that finally Boyue made decent update channel so there's no need to save ZIP. Boy, i was wrong.

Quote:
Oh, okay. Thank you for your reply.

If nobody else in the next few days reports having more recent firmware than I do while also missing the new FW, I will probably just upgrade to what has been downloaded and see if the newer FW shows up.
If not, try at least 1.1.3-2019092718 version. Saved it. But i'm still not sure that updates aren't incremental
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=587

Also we could try to make firmware dump so people can flash it. But you may get a brick. Tricky process so i guess it is better to write boyue and ask for instructions on getting updates. I wouldn't call that user-friendly...

Last edited by Bratken; 01-19-2020 at 08:33 AM.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:54 PM   #655
wwweagle
wwweagle began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmiras View Post
Hello,
Thx in advance....
Mine update also appeared then disappeared 2 days later. My guess is they (we?) find some bugs upon deployment and are currently patching things up. I'd rather wait for a further updated firmware; in the mean time, some announcement would have been nice.
wwweagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 01:33 AM   #656
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: PW3, T80S, T80D, T103D, Ares Note
I know last year when they went on Chinese new year they literally turned off the update servers and only turned them back on when everyone was back in the office. Perhaps that is what is starting to happen?
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:50 AM   #657
josebla
josebla began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite PW2 & Likebook Mimas (T103D) 10.3 inch''
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by josebla View Post
I can't stand this... I'm experiencing the same problems as long time ago. I write some notes in pdf documents, and they dissapear shortly afterwards!!!

It goes like this: I usually work with pdf documents (between 17-20 pages long), using the stock pdf reader, as I want to write notes and drawings on top of those pdf docs. I write notes in some pages, then turn the page and go to the next one. Some times I return to the previous page, and the notes I had written a few seconds/minutes ago do not exist any more!

Please Boyue, fix this now!!!!! It makes this device totally untrustworthy!!!!

PD: firmware/compilation number currently installed in my Mimas: BYRead-V1.1.3-2019092718
Unfortunately, with the latest firmware published days ago, the problem of disappeared handwritten notes taken on PDF files still persists. I'd say it is even worst... in a 17-page long pdf, I took handwritten notes on approx. 6 pages, and notes disappeared from 3 of those pages.

However there's something strange, and this may be a hint to locate the problem: when you press on the document, the second icon in the lower left corner takes you to a screen where you can see which pages have something written on top (screenshots of those pages are shown). Well, there I can still see the pages where the handwritten notes disappeared! I attach a link to a photo, where the tip of the pen is pointing to one of those pages whose notes disappeared: https://photos.app.goo.gl/HoyxfF6JNtZ5rnJv8

(There is still another problem that happened to me: suddenly, some of the pages of that pdf document did only show my handwritten notes, but not the "background", I mean, the content of the page itself. I closed and reopened the document and the problem was gone. I attach 2 more links photos of this problem. Anyway, for me, this is not as important as losing the notes you take... )

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bh8p5DwwjPw85xfh9
https://photos.app.goo.gl/fweJ4dg8krBipcoSA

By the way, I sent mail to Boyue about this.

It's a pity, I think the new firmware is a step forward, with improved and new functions, although there are still some things to "polish" and modify, like exporting notes to pdf instead of HTML file (I guess we shouldn't worry too much, as in the first firmwares the export was also only to HTML, and later Boyue changed that into PDF export )
josebla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:33 AM   #658
blue_skies
Addict

This was posted on the Likebook Alita thread:
Quote:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=218:

Still no luck for me. Havent received the update. I have contacted support and they told me the update was reverted because there were many bugs.
I'm guessing that is probably true for the Mimas update also.
Old Today, 02:29 AM   #659
Bratken
Enthusiast

Quote:
This was posted on the Likebook Alita thread:

I'm guessing that is probably true for the Mimas update also.
Ouch. Well, firmware has to be similar. Then, yes. At least they admit it