Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-24-2010, 03:01 PM   #1
Jan J
Enthusiast
Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS600
Smile Hi from Colorado

to all who contribute to this forum. I have been lurking for 3 months now and cannot tell you how helpful this forum has been to me. My first and only reader (to date) is the Sony PRS600 which I have enjoyed tremendously. Being a "senior" in my mid-70's, the most appreciated aspect of e-reading for me is the ability to enlarge the print and the ease on these old eyes of the e-ink technology and also the ease of holding the book and not having to turn pages, lose my place etc. That villain known as arthur-itis does take its toll on the thumbs and fingers. The E-reader has eliminated this problem for me. I have read more books in the last 3 months than I had for probably 3 years. Loving every minute!
Once again a huge thank you to all involved here. Your help and advice has been invaluable!
Jan J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:35 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Jan J and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2010, 06:57 PM   #3
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi and welcome to MR. You already know how great this forum is with all the info you can get here.

Having outed yourself as a senior - how do you find the handling of the reader and the downloading of eBooks? Do you think any Senior with only little pc knowledge can handle it?
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:10 PM   #4
Jan J
Enthusiast
Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katti's Cat View Post
Hi and welcome to MR. You already know how great this forum is with all the info you can get here.

Having outed yourself as a senior - how do you find the handling of the reader and the downloading of eBooks? Do you think any Senior with only little pc knowledge can handle it?
For me, it is no problem at all. I would think that most seniors can do it with no problems. It's hard to know just how much anyone works with their computer. I've been at it a long time. Have switched from PC to Mac and love it. Perhaps if one does not do much on their PC, a little help would be nice, but if one follows directions I think it's quite straight forward.

Thank you for the welcome!
Old 01-24-2010, 08:38 PM   #5
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2010, 08:57 PM   #6
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Hey fellow Coloradian, Coloradan...ummm Denverite, .... Hee-hee.

If you've been lurking, then you already know this is a great place, with great people, information and bunches of free books as well.

I just bought a Sony 900 today at a local Best Buy store.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:09 PM   #7
Jan J
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Hey fellow Coloradian, Coloradan...ummm Denverite, .... Hee-hee.

If you've been lurking, then you already know this is a great place, with great people, information and bunches of free books as well.

I just bought a Sony 900 today at a local Best Buy store.
Hi neighbor....Hope you enjoy the 900 and post your impressions on the forum. I may move up to one later on. So far, very happy with the 600. And you are so right about this forum, great folks and so much information.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:40 AM   #8
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, Jan J

Have you discovered the free and beautifully handcrafted ebooks on MR? They have been carefully formatted by some very dedicated members.

My signature also has a feedbooks link to a list of some of our MR author members on feedbooks(free) and other MR author members at smashwords (free and for purchase). Just check my signature for a name to search for their books.

Have fun exploring the forums and just ask if you want to know something.

Last edited by dreams; 01-25-2010 at 12:53 AM. Reason: fix link
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:34 AM   #9
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to the site. Proud owner of a PRS-600 here also.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote