Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-01-2009, 03:58 PM   #1
dmon65
Connoisseur
dmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enough

Device: SmartQ7, a 1st gen Nook and a Kobo Glo and Aura H2O
From the shadow of the Gateway Arch, Hello

I have been lurking for months, quietly absorbing all the amazing and informative knowledge being openly shared here.

Thank you for that! I haven't pulled the trigger on a reader, but was weeks from the Sony PRS-700 even with the screen "issues". Then came info on the perfect hold over: the Smart Q7!

I can no longer remain silent and on the sideline! Chippy, from UMPC Portal, has already shared so much great data and Cold Sun is also about to offer his impressions when he gets hands on his Q7, I thought I should finally see if I could help. If my familiarity with Linux and software/OS modificationns of a few EEE PCs can help with some of the great things going on here I think it's time to contribute.

Enough rambling. Thank you for such a wonderful forum!

dmon65
dmon65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:09 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Dmon65.

Glad you decided to come out of the woodwork.

Enjoy!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2009, 04:37 PM   #3
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Hi dmon65 and welcome to MobileRead!
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:34 PM   #4
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmon65 View Post

I can no longer remain silent and on the sideline! Chippy, from UMPC Portal, has already shared so much great data and Cold Sun is also about to offer his impressions when he gets hands on his Q7, I thought I should finally see if I could help. If my familiarity with Linux and software/OS modificationns of a few EEE PCs can help with some of the great things going on here I think it's time to contribute.
I'm not sure about this device (?) of which you speak, but I'm glad you're no longer silent and on the sideline! Welcome to the front lines (or, at the very least, somewhere in the middle)! Onward!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:50 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi dmon65 and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2009, 08:33 PM   #6
dmon65
Connoisseur
dmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enough

Device: SmartQ7, a 1st gen Nook and a Kobo Glo and Aura H2O
Thanks for the greetings!

I'll try not to ramble on like that again, but sometimes I get a bit enthusiastic!

I am still looking at the PRS-700 though (time dive into that forum for impressions). Really want color e-ink, but don't know if I can keep waiting on that! Hence, the interest in the Smart Q7 to tide me over for a while. But I will find something a little less tree-intensive soon!

Thanks again for the welcome.
dmon65 is offline   Reply With Quote