Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 01-30-2009, 05:05 PM   #1
bigmoney
Connoisseur
bigmoney doesn't litterbigmoney doesn't litter

Device: BeBook w/ OpenInkpot
Blank book titles in the list

Hi there,

I just got my BeBook a couple of days ago and I am enjoying it very much

Today I went to BooksOnBoard.com and purchased my first ebook (A Game of Thrones vol 1, in case you are wondering). I have a Mac so I had to enter the device id, and downloaded the file, which has the name Mart_0553897845_mb_all_r1.prc.

When I copied the file to my BeBook (internal storage) the book shows up with a blank title in the list, I don't know why..I thought it could be something about the file name, so I renamed it to something shorter but still no success. I always get a blank file in the list, even though I can open the book and read it normally.

Any tips? Seems to be a trivial issue but I could not find a similar thread in the forum.
bigmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 05:15 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoney View Post
Any tips? Seems to be a trivial issue but I could not find a similar thread in the forum.
Search our Wiki for the Visual Kindle Guide and how to run Mobi2mobi (part of the mobiperl tools) The mobi2mobi program will allow you to edit the metadata.

I wrote this topic... but I do have to say getting mobiperl stuff running on a Mac is quite a chore. There is a step by step guide but some people have run into various issues. Apparently various Mac(s) versions don't ship with certain folders.

If you have any trouble with it let me know. I will try to help. There is a link to the topic that you can post in on the Wiki.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2009, 05:16 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Also, you should email BoB about this. Books that you are paying for should have correct Title and Author metadata in them.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 05:31 PM   #4
bigmoney
Connoisseur
bigmoney doesn't litterbigmoney doesn't litter

Device: BeBook w/ OpenInkpot
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Also, you should email BoB about this. Books that you are paying for should have correct Title and Author metadata in them.

BOb
Thanks for the tips, I just sent an email to BoB. So the problem is metadata, good to know Funny to be a newbie again in a given area hehe

I can run XP on Parallels, so I might try to follow the wiki steps there.
bigmoney is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bebook, blank