Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-02-2007, 12:22 PM   #1
horseyride
Enthusiast
horseyride began at the beginning.

Device: none
New premium 505 Leather case in black

Don't know if anyone noticed, but I see a new black leather case for the 505 on Sony website
horseyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 12:37 PM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665245742

You mean this one? I think it's been there for a while. Only that it was out of stock until now
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2007, 01:32 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Wish they had one the color of the cover that comes with the silver 505.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 02:21 PM   #4
jamesdmanley
Groupie
jamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-books

Device: prs-500
nice i like the pockets. i wish the cover for my 500 had some
jamesdmanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 02:48 PM   #5
jwhayn
Enthusiast
jwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with others

Device: Kindle Voyage
I have the cover ...

It is nice -- especially the small pockets -- but harder to fold and hold flat when reading due to its added thickness. That will surely become easier with use. But I admit that I am using the original less expensive cover until it wears out or I feel like breaking in the new cover.
jwhayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2007, 03:11 PM   #6
M0zza
Geek... Apparently
M0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Silver), ASUS Transformer TF300T, IPAD Air 2
They are a little cheaper over at Data Vision ...

http://www.datavis.com/cgi-bin/produ...prrfnbr=472533
M0zza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 05:22 PM   #7
jamesdmanley
Groupie
jamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-books

Device: prs-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhayn View Post
It is nice -- especially the small pockets -- but harder to fold and hold flat when reading due to its added thickness. That will surely become easier with use. But I admit that I am using the original less expensive cover until it wears out or I feel like breaking in the new cover.
the hinge should have been attached to the back cover (like the 500), not the middle. that would have eliminated the problem.
jamesdmanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 05:29 PM   #8
jwhayn
Enthusiast
jwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with others

Device: Kindle Voyage
I like the 505 hinge position

I have both a 500 and a 505. I far prefer the 505 hinge placement.
jwhayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 11:40 AM   #9
darkstar
Enthusiast
darkstar began at the beginning.

Device: sony 500 505, kindleDX,KA1
I like the 500 hinge position

I have both a 500 and a 505. I far prefer the 500 hinge placement.
darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 12:13 PM   #10
PHugger
Connoisseur
PHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle 3G, Sony PRS-505
The deluxe leather 505 cover is much stiffer than the standard pleather one. The pleather cover can easily be folded back completely onto itself. This leaves the entire reader like a single page. The leather cover doesn't want to fold back onto itself just yet........ (c8

One other thing - you may not get the smell of real books from the reader, but the deluxe cover does smell like leather!

PCH
PHugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 12:43 PM   #11
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook, iphone
I ordered the Deluxe cover for my 505 a couple days ago from Sony, in pink (I couldn't resist!). If people want a mini-review or photos let me know and I'll post them up when I've played with it a bit. It should be here by next Thursday.
As for stiffness - I find I don't really fold the stock cover all the way back, I tend to read it with the cover at about a 100-degree-angle, like if I was holding a paperback open with one hand. Seem easier to hold that way, for some reason.
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 12:58 PM   #12
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kezza View Post
I ordered the Deluxe cover for my 505 a couple days ago from Sony, in pink (I couldn't resist!). If people want a mini-review or photos let me know and I'll post them up when I've played with it a bit. It should be here by next Thursday.
I would appreciate a mini-review!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 06:40 PM   #13
aru
Likes to read on e-ink
aru is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle DX
I liked the pockets too, especially to keep a spare SD card or some business cards with me. I found some sticky plastic pockets in the office supply store that are normally used to add a business card to a ring binder. They were relatively cheap $4.50 for ten of them, much cheaper than the leather cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pockets.jpg
Views:	609
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	7166  
aru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 02:39 PM   #14
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Anyone know where these might be available? Ideally somewhere that ships to the UK?
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 05:09 PM   #15
urseus
urseus began at the beginning.

Device: Reader
Yeah i would like one in Australia - anyone else sell them than the sony site?
urseus is offline   Reply With Quote