Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-15-2009, 07:59 PM   #1
Grandma Aubbie
Grandma Aubbie
Grandma Aubbie doesn't litterGrandma Aubbie doesn't litterGrandma Aubbie doesn't litter

Device: sony 600
Smile Brand New to E-books

I have been using the Sony Reader to read on my laptop for a couple of months. I was ready to buy when Sony made their BIG ANNOUNCEMENT.

So, I took time and looked around. I found your forum and did a lot of reading. I have ordered the 600 (in black), and am anxiously awaiting my new "baby."

I'm pretty new to forums too, so please be patient with me. I know this technology stuff is pretty easy to all of you, but I grew up before computers, and while I've done a lot of stuff with them, they keep getting more complex.

I use both Mac & Windows, so I'm kept on my toes most of the time.

Thank you for "unknowingly" helping me with my decision. I suspect you've helped thousands of others who have never posted.
Grandma Aubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:50 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Grandma Aubbie and welcome to MobileRead. Good to have another senior citizen in our midst. Be sure and let us know how you like your 600 when you get it. I've had a Sony 505 since January 2008 and really like it.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:09 PM   #3
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Hi Grandma! Welcome to the forum. Plenty of nice people here who can offer answers, advice, suggestions, and silliness, whatever you need! I hope you enjoy your e-reader as much as I have mine. It's a wonderful way to read! Be sure to take a look at all the free downloads here too. It's a gold mine!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:52 PM   #4
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello Grandma Aubbie -- let me add my WELCOME to MobileRead. If you have any questions, just ask. There are many helpful people on the forum and there'll be *someone* who'll know exactly how to help you with any problems you might run into.

Us Grandmas have to hang together. (Well, I'm not quite a Grandma as the baby is due at the end of January.)
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:09 PM   #5
purl4peace
Mommy of Many Interests
purl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle DX, Sony PRS-505, Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma Aubbie View Post
I have been using the Sony Reader to read on my laptop for a couple of months. I was ready to buy when Sony made their BIG ANNOUNCEMENT.

So, I took time and looked around. I found your forum and did a lot of reading. I have ordered the 600 (in black), and am anxiously awaiting my new "baby."

Thank you for "unknowingly" helping me with my decision. I suspect you've helped thousands of others who have never posted.
What a nice way to say hello. Welcome Grandma... And do post a review of the 600 when you get it. I understand you are pretty good with reviewing ;-)
purl4peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:11 PM   #6
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Grandma Aubbie!

I feel the same way about MobileRead. The members here are wonderfully helpful and supportive. Please let us know how you like your new toy when you get it. I have the 700 and am seriously considering trading it in for the 600 (as soon as I convince my husband it's for the greater good ). Enjoy!

Happy Reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:27 AM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
When kazbates says the members here are 'wonderfully helpful and supportive' what she really means is we're all a bunch of hopeless MR addicts. And you've already been here so you're hooked too. Resistance is futile.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:19 AM   #8
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
When kazbates says the members here are 'wonderfully helpful and supportive' what she really means is we're all a bunch of hopeless MR addicts. And you've already been here so you're hooked too. Resistance is futile.
Aww, cassidym, you broke the secret code.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote