Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-14-2011, 06:24 PM   #1
Charlie Dog
Charlie Dog began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Updated ESV Study Bible notes

I finally received the new updated kindle version of this Bible with the ability to search for particular verses directly, Yipee. BUT it wiped out my notes, oh oh.

Is there a way to get back my notes and underlining somehow?

Could I maybe Edit my clippings file stored on my computer before I sync the kindle to my pc?
Charlie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:22 PM   #2
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Is this the one you got for a zero price:

http://www.amazon.com/Bible-English-...0152201&sr=1-2

I'm not sure if this is from Osnova but one can do a DVJ with spaces instead of dots. Plus, the price is right for the next few days: ZERO DOLLARS.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:49 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Updating a book will wipe out your notes. Amazon generally send you an email telling you this and asking you to confirm that you agree to this, before you get the new book.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:25 AM   #4
speedlever
Fanatic
speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PW2014, PW2012, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Dog View Post
I finally received the new updated kindle version of this Bible with the ability to search for particular verses directly, Yipee. BUT it wiped out my notes, oh oh.

Is there a way to get back my notes and underlining somehow?

Could I maybe Edit my clippings file stored on my computer before I sync the kindle to my pc?
Did you get this on your own or did Kindle CS have to help you? I got this Bible in December 2010 and tried to get the new version with DVJ capability, but Amazon wouldn't allow it telling me I already had the book. I had to call Kindle CS to get the updated version on my K3. And they were quick to tell me it would clear any notes or highlighting.

I wonder if I were to delete a book and re-download it... would I get the updated version (as in this case?)
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:13 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedlever View Post
Did you get this on your own or did Kindle CS have to help you? I got this Bible in December 2010 and tried to get the new version with DVJ capability, but Amazon wouldn't allow it telling me I already had the book. I had to call Kindle CS to get the updated version on my K3. And they were quick to tell me it would clear any notes or highlighting.

I wonder if I were to delete a book and re-download it... would I get the updated version (as in this case?)
No, you won't get the new version just by redownloading it - you have to specifically request it from CS.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:22 PM   #6
jtrappett
jtrappett began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No, you won't get the new version just by redownloading it - you have to specifically request it from CS.
That certainly seems to be the case, although CS has had to refer my request to technical support as no one can seem to send me the updated version.

I have even deleted the older version from my Kindle and my 'Manage Your Kindle' page, thereby allowing me to re-order it. However, even then I find that I still get the older version.

I did request a sample again and it IS for the updated version as it includes the navigation information at the beginning... but I cannot get the updated full version to my Kindle.

Hopefully technical support will be able to sort it out.
jtrappett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:03 PM   #7
readslow
readslow has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.readslow has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.readslow has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.readslow has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
I contacted CS this afternoon and they initiated the upload of the new version in less than 2 minutes online with them. You should try again and see if you get a different agent.
readslow is offline   Reply With Quote