Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-10-2021, 02:57 PM   #1
Georgie W
Connoisseur
Georgie W began at the beginning.

Device: KT4 5.13.6
Importing library from BookCollector (Collectorz.com)

I've got details of ~1000 books sitting in a text file from the BookCollector programme. I want to bring all 1000 books into Calibre, with a minimum of re-keying.

I can see how to import the bare detail (author / title / publisher) into Calibre using the Import List plugin.

My issue is: how can I interpret the subject headings I've allocated in BookCollector as separate tags in Calibre? E.g. I've got a book with BookCollector subjects: History / England / Regency. In the text / .csv file, these appear in one column as "History; England; Regency;". BUT I can't see how to tell the Import List plugin to create separate tags for each of these items.

I've flirted with regex in the Adding books Preference, telling Calibre to keep tags if they match the pattern "(?P<tag>.+); (?P<tag>.+); (?P<tag>.+)" But I *really* don't know what I'm doing with regex, or even if that's the right way to translate the csv elements into discrete tags.

Any advice welcomed. Thanks.
Georgie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 03:11 PM   #2
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
A better approach is to import the subject column into a custom column. After the import process is finished, you can use calibre's search and replace to migrate them to the tags columns as follows:

Code:
search field = you custom column name
search for = ;
replace with = ,
destination field = tags
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2021, 06:19 PM   #3
Georgie W
Connoisseur
Georgie W began at the beginning.

Device: KT4 5.13.6
@capink - worked like a dream. Thanks for swift and useful response.
Georgie W is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookcollector, import library, regex, tags list