Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-18-2020, 07:04 AM   #1
albertz
albertz began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Question help with custom template

Hello all, I have a simple idea: use the function template (in preference -> sending book to devices) to prompt the editing metadata window of the book if is empty the custom field i created;
for example i have a custom column "cartella" and for the book "x" the field is empty, when i send the book "x" on the device, the desired behavior is the opening of the metadata editing window and after that send to device. Is that possible? I read the manual of the section "Using functions in templates" but all the function working changing the string and not opening Qt windows.
albertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 09:09 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
Moved out of Recipes. This is not the place for Send to... help

Those Templates modify data. Not interact with the app as you want, while sending. Program mode may allow a Complex template to insert/modify while transferring.
Send to templates modify filenames.
Metadata Plugboard Templates modify book Metadata.
NEITHER, affects the Library

If you want to detect which books are missing data in that field:
Search for: #cartella:false (searches use the lookup name that has the #, not the friendly name you see)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
help for a newbie, plugin, template